image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Poll: Garter and Bouquet Tosses

• Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fully intending to do both - and if I can make FI toss a Phillies garter (he's a Yanks fan), that will make me cry with laughter. :D
  • Options
    NJ JenNJ Jen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to do neither. My bridesmaids asked me where the bouquet toss was. I said, I thought we all agreed that was stupid? They said, That's when we weren't the bridesmaids! So that we did...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not going to do either for two reasons:

1) I always hated being at a wedding and being thrown out on the dance floor to catch a bouquet.

2) Most of our friends are married at this point so we wouldn't have that many "singles" to throw it to!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    personally - i think its kind of cheesy.  but i understand the tradition and why other people do it.  just not my style.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    were doing it at out wedding in March!!!
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_poll-garter-bouquet-tosses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0c67bbd1-8842-4afe-af9b-620dac6fb7dbPost:40dd81e2-bcc3-4155-9d2a-65e30b515468">Re: Poll: Garter and Bouquet Tosses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not going to do either for two reasons: 1)<strong> I always hated being at a wedding and being thrown out on the dance floor to catch a bouquet.</strong> 2) Most of our friends are married at this point so we wouldn't have that many "singles" to throw it to!
    Posted by kasabby[/QUOTE]

<div>This!!!</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    julephenia - that is my thinking for the garter toss as well! except he's a mets fan and would have to be throwing a yankee garter.

as for poll, i voted SS because we are still unsure of whether or not to do it. i have always wanted to throw the bouqet, i just have always imagined it so i might be kind of bummed if i dont. but it does take an extra 10 minutes away from dancing so we're still thinking about it
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Neither - never been a big fan and almost everyone is married at this point.  I've always felt a little uncomfortable watching the garter thing, though I suppose sometimes it can be funny!
  • Options
    jwinholdjwinhold member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not doing either. Instead, we are going to gather all of the married couples on the dancefloor to start dancing. Then the DJ will ask all of the couples married 1 or less years to leave, then 3 and less, 5, 10, 15, etc etc etc until the last couple remaining on the dancefloor, who is the longest, finishes their dance and then gets the bouquet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to do this at our wedding! But we know our friends are in to it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did neither becsause, as posters have mentioned, there were so few single guests it would have been awkward.

I was at one wedding wherre the bride, in lieu of a toss, presented her bouquet to her grandmother with a short, beautiful speech about what her grandmother meant to her, what it felt like to have her at the wedding.

I thought that was nice.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_poll-garter-bouquet-tosses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0c67bbd1-8842-4afe-af9b-620dac6fb7dbPost:733fd8f1-f422-4d3c-8c58-339ee48239f1">Re: Poll: Garter and Bouquet Tosses</a>:
    [QUOTE]personally - i think its kind of cheesy.  but i understand the tradition and why other people do it.  just not my style.
    Posted by reese511[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Not my style at all and add in the fact that it takes time away from dancing and we really don't have many single friends so it's just not going to happen.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did it.  We were one of the first couples in our group of friends to get married so there were plenty of single people to fill the dance floor.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards