New Jersey

NWR: recommend your bank

I'm looking to switch my personal checking/savings to a different bank.  Currently with Wells Fargo, but I'm unhappy with them to the point of switching, not just because they decided to start charging a monthly fee, but also the way they handled it.

Who do you bank with and are you happy with their products and customer service? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: NWR: recommend your bank

• I have personal and joint with fiance, both checking and savings with TD and I have been pleased since having them. I have (knock on wood) never had any issues with theft, identity or anything major, but I have lost my debit card twice and it is really nice to walk into the bank and walk out with a new card! My fiance's biggest pet peeve is that they only have walk in ATM machines. Or at least I've never seen a drive up one. Doesn't bother me much but he hates that part Lol They also do have some limits on how many online transactions you can have per month or something like that, with the savings, and they notified us of this but it has never been a problem for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GiGiV2012GiGiV2012 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nwr-recommend-your-bank?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0dcab856-2ab7-4755-9e11-c5c83ec02670Post:841173d7-8651-4733-9eb2-6457fa30f3d9">Re: NWR: recommend your bank</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have personal and joint with fiance, both checking and savings with TD and I have been pleased since having them. I have (knock on wood) never had any issues with theft, identity or anything major, but I have lost my debit card twice and it is really nice to walk into the bank and walk out with a new card! <strong>My fiance's biggest pet peeve is that they only have walk in ATM machines. </strong>Or at least I've never seen a drive up one. Doesn't bother me much but he hates that part Lol They also do have some limits on how many online transactions you can have per month or something like that, with the savings, and they notified us of this but it has never been a problem for us.
    Posted by lconoran[/QUOTE]

They actually do have drive up ones..I used to go all the time to one in Washington Twp when I was teaching. I just like them for the convenience factor. I don't really use them for much besides my checking out. My FI has Wells Fargo and he's about ready to leave them and come to TD Bank. Good luck!
  • Really!? Well maybe there's hope for him yet then Lol Thanks for the info
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bank with PNC & love them.  I think the only fee I ever get charged is if I use another bank's ATM.  Their customer service has always been outstanding.  I've banked with them for about 10 years now & have absolutely no complaints. 

• I second TD.  They're great.  And if you have enough to get the Premiere Checking, they wave all ATM fees (or rather, they reimburse you at the end of each month) and also waive international transaction fees.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • chilover27chilover27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I use PNC for my personal account and TD Bank for our joint/wedding account. I love them both ! But I really like that TD Bank is open 7days a week and open late most days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • We used to primarily use TD Bank, but they stopped waiving ATM fees when you used ATMs at other banks. (we opened the account a long time ago and I guess they used to do it then, but stopped a few years ago.) So, we opened an account at Ally bank, which is only online, but we've been so happy with them so far. We've had an account with them for about 2 years now. They have great customer service and yes, they waive ATM fees. :) They also have fairly good interest rates on their saving accounts.
  • I have Chase and have been nothing but happy with them.  FI has PNC and really enjoys them, too.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards