New Jersey
Options

Hair Trial

Do you need your veil for your hair trail? I am not wearing a veil or headpiece.

Re: Hair Trial

• Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you're kidding, right?
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Why would you need to bring one to the trial if you're not planning on wearing one to the actual wedding?

Or are you saying that you plan to wear something, but just haven't purchased it yet?

• Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Diane aren't you a mom that comes on the forums? I think you can be a little nicer to the poster considering you haven't been a bride in I'm imagine a while.

Jamier, I'm sure you don't need to bring your veil to the trial but would be helpful if you have it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just had my trial on Saturday - I brought my veil, but she did not put it in -so I think that your fine, not to have one. 
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing my hair trial in Jan and my headpiece is in but my veil isn't so I'll jsut go with what I have. If you have an idea of what you plan on wearing then that might help the stylist. If you have no idea just keep in mine you either need to find something to fit the style you choose or you need to change the style to fit what you find.
  • Options
    jamier88jamier88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry typo.... I meant to say tiara. I am wearing a veil but have not picked one out yet and I may start going for hair trials soon.

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

So then in that case I would just bring along whatever you have, and maybe a pic of your desired veil (and possibly an idea of how you want to wear it), and mention it to the stylist so she knows that you will have a veil on the wedding day.

Do any girlfriends or sisters have a veil you could borrow, just so the stylist can play around with it to give you a rough idea?

I also wonder if some salons keep cheapo sample veils on hand just in case brides don't have theirs when they do their trials ... couldn't hurt to ask them.

Your wedding is in June? If it makes you feel better, mine's in April and I haven't done a trial yet. But I'm also going to a local salon, I'm not using someone who's in high demand here, so IDK if your person requires an earlier trial for scheduling purposes.

• Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lola minnie

fyi the op stated in her ORIGINAL post that she's not wearing a veil or heapiece...then asks if she should bring a veil for a hair trial...i guess that makes sense to you?????  and just because i've been married for many many years doesn't mean that i don't have valuable info to impart...more valuable than maybe some very young inexperienced gals...but please don't accuse me of being mean...there was nothing mean, or meanspirited implied in my reply.

sounded like a joke
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry. I actually knew what she meant and thought you were coming off snarky/snotty but obviously not.  Miscommunication.

• Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have my veil at my hair trial.  It wasn't an issue.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    dandb925dandb925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would just tell your hair stylist how you're thinking of wearing it and the type of veil you'll be getting (i.e. elbow-length, cathedral, etc).

When I went for my hair trial, I didn't bring my veil, but I told her it's cathedral length, I wanted it tucked under my hair, and I didn't want to wear it for the reception.

She told me that's not possible as taking the veil out for the reception would ruin the style and suggested a different way to wear it. I had no clue, but I'm glad I told her what I originally wanted. Just something to think about.

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found it helpful to have it, but not necessary. I actually ended up changing where I wanted my veil after I saw where she'd place it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards