New Jersey
Options

Macaluso's

Has anyone had an affair at Macaluso's in Hawthorne? How is the atmosphere, food, service? Is it under a new owner? How does it compare to Portobello"s in Oakland?

Re: Macaluso's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa1119 is getting married there this weekend...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rosie 24, How was your shower there?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend's brother had his wedding there and said it was outstanding...although I know there were a bunch of people that had trouble finding it.  In terms of atmosphere, depends on what you're looking for really...it's your standard catering hall, pretty aesthetic. 

I've been to Portobello Restaurant, but never Banquet.  Thought the food was kind of eh, but I guess banquet could be a different story.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister had her wedding there a few weeks ago and the food was amazing. We were in the small room and it wasn't anything special (although my sister decorated it well). There isn't much outside for pictures, we did all the fam shots in the entry hall and then they went somewhere after to take their portraits.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    meg&jarredmeg&jarred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last year.  It was gorgeous! The only problem was lack of seating for the cocktail hour, I had a diffficult time standing with my drink and food and being able to eat.  The food was great and there was so much!   I also heard they donate whatever is left over to a local soup kitchen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there - it was great! I'm not a big eater but I went up 3 times during cocktail hour cause the food was THAT good, it's a great size and beautiful.

It was the first  place I went to when looking for a venue so it stood out for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I rarely ever post, but I am getting married there this weekend.  The only do one event at a time and I've been to the testing and other events and the food is delish.  The redid the inside a few years back.  If you watch cake boss...Carlos's bakery does all the desserts:) 

They did tell us to inform the guests not to use their gps to get there...it will get you lost.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions I'm off to get married...yay!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i had my enagagement party at portebellos for about 90 people in the downstairs room. everything was fabulous.. they woman who helped us was great and they really bent over backwards to help us out. the party was in decemeber and for anyone who remembers there was one sunday with a crazy ice storm where like every road in north jersey was shut down- yeah that was the day of my engagement party!! lol. but they didn't charge us for people who rsvp'd but never showed. we started 2 hours later because even i was 45 min late due to 287 being shut down.. and the food was still good. not overcooked one bit! on a scale of 1-10 i would give them a 7 for food and a 10 for service.

i also went to a wedding at macaluso's this past november and the cocktail hour was fabulous!! there was WAY too much yummy food. they also did this cool lobster cook off during the actual reception that was really fun!! i think the cocktail hour food and dessert buffet was so much better than what we actually ate. i think i really only picked at my plate of chateaubriand... but overall it surpassed my expectations
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shower was like a mini wedding....SO MUCH FOOD and it was good. I even had a viennese. It was very impressive. I have been to several weddings and events there and their cocktail hour is OUT OF THIS WORLD.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards