New Jersey
Options

Leaving for Cancun tomorrow!

We can't wait!  We've never really been on vacation (as adults or together, lol) sooooo uber-excited.  That really makes us sound like little kids or rednecks haha.If you've been there, feel free to throw opinions on what to do.See you in 8 days ladies....

Re: Leaving for Cancun tomorrow!

• Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have fun! What hotel are you staying in?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Jon&KristaJon&Krista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lay in the sun, have lots of sex, and relax. that's my opinion on what to do :) have fun!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grand Oasis Cancun... if you google it does have these 2 pretty bad reviews that come up first but the rest are great.  For the price, we couldn't beat all we are getting!  Plus the place is gigantic, and we were more about quantity & options (food-wise since we both have semi-special diets) and having lots to do.  17 restaurants baby!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just there 2 weeks ago =)We mostly sat on our butts, which was perfect =) We also went to Chichen Itza, which was cool, but frankly, now that you can't climb it anymore, not as neat as I'd hoped.Beyond that, we just did a little shopping and hit the town one night. I introduced FI to the art of body shots, which is always comical for 2 peeps in their 30s =)Have an amazing time
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't sun Krista!  I'm already toasty tan =)and FI goes from white with freckles to freckles with lobster haha.  Lots of SPF gets us around that ;)
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You're going to have a blast!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot what the company was, but we did an excursion where we went ziplining in the rainforest or whatever it is down there.After ziplining (there were about 12 of them on the course), you could take a bike ride to a lagoon where you zip line into the water. It was so much fun. Also, try to go to the Mayan Ruins. It was interesting to see, but kind of annoying because it was a full day (like 7am- 9pm). I don't know if I'd do it again if we had the chance to re-do Cancun, but it was a cool experience if you're into that kind of thing. And make sure to go to Coco Bongos. It's so much fun. Check to see if your hotel has a list of club specials. Ours had a party bus to drive you to certain clubs each night and you got a discount. We stayed at the Riu Cancun.

Tara & Jose 10.17.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also stayed at an Oasis.... It was the Oasis Palm Bach, which might be a different location. (There were 2 hotels on the property I was at, but basically it's the same resort... I'm not sure what the other was called... and then there's a second Oasis location a few miles away.)Frankly, I went into this expecting the worse. We got *such* a cheap deal that I was prepared to be staying someplace totally subpar, just to have the experience of going on vacation with FI. But that was not the case at all. Everything was awesome, we had a fantastic time, no compaliants at all. Was it the ritziest resort on the strip? Certainly not, but everything was lovely, and everyone was super helpful.Have fun =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Velveena, Went to Cancun twice many years ago but it is still probably one of my favorite places. I would recommend, if you want to leave the hotel, visiting Isla Mujerus (sorry if spelling is off) and Xcaret which is an environmental park with lots of things to do. Enjoy your trip!!
  • Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Enjoy!!!
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Veena I stayed at the Grand Oasis in Playa del Carmen, and I am sorry, it was terrible, everything, other than it being pretty and clean, everything sucked major asss....I hope you have better luck! Go to http://www.xelha.com/ It was the best part of the vacation
  • Options
    aquagurl612aquagurl612 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    veena, i stayed at the grand oasis about 7 years ago in cancun... it was great. the pool is huge, swim up bar was great and the beach was clean/pretty.  only complaint about the beach is that its in a rough ocean spot so we couldn't really go in. when i went i did the chichen itza tour (but you could climb it back then so it was fun) i also did a booze cruise to playa mujeres.... may i mention that i was 20 when i went. hahatake a boat over to cozumel for a day, apparently its fantastic over there.and i'm with krista, relax & sex! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have a fantastic time!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Enjoy, I always had fun there.
  • Options
    Spanisheyes00Spanisheyes00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun!
    It takes Shakespeare, a genius, to come up with "He dies." And yet every time I read those two words, I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria. And I know it's only natural to be sad, but not because of the words "He dies." but because of the life we saw prior to the words
    RIP Daddy 3/7/38 - 8/1/08

Parc Guell, Barcelona
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I will be on our HM starting the 28th at Isla Mujeres (as rec'd, but spelled wrong above); I've been to Cancun 2x and stayed where you are staying once...I've been told great things about Isla Mujeres so that's where we decided to stay this time...honestly, I would just lay on the beach with as many margaritas as possible, but that's me - if you and DH are into drinking/partying I'd do the bus tour; granted I did it when I was 19 it was fun as hell
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have fun Veena!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for finally getting away!  Hope you both have a wonderful time--be safe.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jealous!!!  FOAM PARTY ALL THE WAY!!!  haha
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    Jon&KristaJon&Krista member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG coco bongo! i totally forgot about that place---it is THE BEST! i got a free tshirt from there and i think i still have it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have a wonderful time enjoy everyone minute!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards