New Jersey
Options

WDYT? (RD)

Our wedding is on new year's eve, which is a Thursday. Our priest said we can do the rehearsal pretty much whenever we want. He said he recommends NOT doing it the night before because he thinks it ends up being too much back to back. But said ultimately it's up to us.So we'd either do it the night before (Wed) or two nights before (Tues). The Friday before is Christmas, so I don't really want to do it the weekend before. Everyone except one BM is local so I don't think it's a super big deal if she can't make it.So any opinions one way or the other? MGs: Was it a lot going on if you did it the night before?

Re: WDYT? (RD)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you do it the night before that would be good for everyone.  They'll be in a fun mood and it gives them 1 extra day to do holiday stuff.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely the night before if you can.  We had ours the night before, and it was fine.  I like going to rehearsal dinners the night before the wedding because it makes the event more of a weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In your case I think night before is fine. They are all going to have off work the next day and will prob leave earlier than usual that day.I also had a Thurs night but since almost no one was really local (at least 1 hour drive) we skipped the RD completely (we are also Jewish so it was required/encouraged) we didn't want to make people get hotels for two nights.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll be doing ours the night before...I just kind of assumed that was the way it was done and never thought about doing it any other time. Also we have a really small WP and the ceremony itself will be short so there shouldn't be too much to the actual rehearsal.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would do the night before. Just in case people do have to work, you don't want to drag it out too much. I thought it was fun having mine the night before. Everyone was festive and it launched us right into the wedding. If I didn't have the rehearsal to occupy me I would have been going out of my mind with anticipation.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I agree with pp on doing it the night before, I would be doing mine the night before except its thanksgiving, and now because of schedules I'm stuck doing it the weekend before.
  • Options
    melissa721melissa721 member
    edited December 2011
    We did ours the night before and it was fun. It added to the anticipation of the day and it was really nice to leave the dinner and know tomorrow was the wedding. There wasn't much going on the day before. We had everything all set and all the last minute stuff for the reception was taken care of the week before (dropping off items, final payments, etc)

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks 

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

TFAS since February 2013--BFP on cycle 1!

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

SA #1 - Slightly abnormal shape, #2 - very low count

Follistim + IUI 3x = BFN, BFN, very late BFP with super low progesterone --> c/p

Moving on to long protocol IVF with ICSI and PGS in August 2014...how in the holy hell did I get here? FU 2IF.

• Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    edited December 2011
    thats a tough one, but id stick to the night before.  ppl know it's coming, they'll just have to make an event of the whole thing... which will most likely be fun! 
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK good. I wanted the night before originally, but then the priest got in my head and I wasn't sure what to do. Thanks. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    do it 2 days before
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards