New Jersey

OOT Poem Help

I am at a loss as what to put in the OOT bags for the letter. I was hoping for a cute poem or saying. Any help would be great. TIA!!! here's one I found somewhere else- WDYT We made a little bag, completely full of treats, whether your mouth gets dry and thirsty, or you're in the mood for some sweets. It's just a small token full of our love, hugs and kisses, to thank you for the trip you've made to see the new Mr. & Mrs.

Re: OOT Poem Help

• uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The rhythm is really off, but that's probably as good as you're going to do for a wedding-related poem. If you just want a little saying, "Sweets for the Suite"? Otherwise, why not just write a letter with a nicer version of "Hi. Welcome. Here are some snacks [although I'm sure they'll figure that out when they open the bag]. See you soon, thanks for coming"? I don't think I've ever seen a wedding poem (besides ones about loved ones or whatever) that wasn't really awkward and cheesy.
  • DiorAndKissesDiorAndKisses member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    K, this is the best I can come up with at about midnight. :) It may be a little corny...but I kinda like "corny".You've traveled pretty far To be here for our day We hope this bag will add To the pleasure of your stay Some sweets, some treats, some tokensOf our appreciationThank you so much for comingAnd enjoy your mini vacation!(I know it's not really a mini vacation...but that rhymed with appreciation.  lol)
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto uppereast...wedding poems are silly
  • LisaNDansLisaNDans member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a cute idea... I'm sure if you have any aunts that are traveling will think it's the greatest thing ever! I know that mine would think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, so I may steal your idea :o) It's a cute poem but the wording is a bit off... I tweaked it a bit to make it sound better... I hope you like it!We made a little bag,completely full of treats,in case you may feel thirsty or having a craving for some sweetsThis is just a small tokenof our love, hugs and kissesto thank you for traveling faras we become Mr. and Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a cute idea, I might take from you and tweak a little:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards