New Jersey
Options

Did anyone see this?

[url]http://talk.theknot.com/boards/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=61520522[/url]Scroll to the last post. Sometimes it really scares me that there's so many lurkers.

Re: Did anyone see this?

• Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoa! That's creepy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, crazy... whoever that is should mind their own business but yea i try and keep in mind anyone can see what i write.  creepy.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WTF....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow. that's kinda eerie to read.But that  poster is right (to a point): In a public forum, I think it's always a good rule of thumb to assume that anything you write can be read by whomever you would least like to read it.Discretion has its benefits.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow -  wouldn't you call the person rather than be wierd and comment on their post about it if you know them IRL?  
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's really weird to think about how many people are out there following the board and never posting...could be the person sitting in the next cube over and you'd never know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wonder if they're just a random lurker trying to make her nervous and stir it up.  It would be pointless, but...some people ARE that pointless and have nothing better to do!  I hope this is the case!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow- thats creepy. makes you wonder how many lurkers are out there...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG do people really have nothing better to do then to start sh*t.  I mean she is right to a point, but I mean come on grow up and deal with the situation like adults.  I have to say that is one of the reasons I don't even have a picture up or a bio. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Scary what people do. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    of course my big mouth had to write something to stir the pot up :)
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dana it's all good and it's the truth!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yep, i took my bio down because certain people were looking and saying shiit and I dont want to hear it.... but yet creepy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto Mye - and some older knotties know what happened with me. Jump over to the nest if you get a chance - it displays how many times a post was opened as well as the number of responses, there are easily 100 lurkers over there and honestly, probably more here! I knew plenty of people who read (past and present tense) these boards on a regular basis throughout and beyond their planning without ever posting - some of them don't even have member names created.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    LarissaAnnLarissaAnn member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's sad...I post a lot less about my personal stuff because I'm very wary about this kind of stuff and have had issues in the past. I wish I could share as much as I did in the beginning.Jump over to the nest if you get a chance - it displays how many times a post was opened as well as the number of responses, there are easily 100 lurkers over there and honestly, probably more here! I read on the nest sometimes...I've seen posts with >1000 views and only 30 or so responses on the "national" boards. That's crazy!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also keep in mind that the views aren't individual views.  I wondered the same thing once, and thought it was crazy that so many people were reading a post with so few responses.  But, each time anyone looks at the post, it adds one to the count.  So, if the OP'er looks at it 10 times, that is 10 more to the views count. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa, that's exactly how I feel.I feel badly that I use people's bios for ideas, inspiration, recommendations, but offer none of my own... I'd be willing to share more if the environment were more controlled, but I just feel in my gut that it's a bad idea to broadcast too much personal info here.This thread is just one example of what can happen ...
  • Options
    mredynzmredynz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WTF?  Very weird
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello Ladies!First and foremost: I am the subject of the posting that is the topic here.  Hi, nice to meet you!Second:  THe person that indicated that they had forwarded the message on to me is real, and is my cousin.  She has seen the same person discussing details of my own wedding here as well, but thought this post would be a little more interesting to me.  I'm sure you all would expect a family member or good friend to do the same for you, so don't condemn her for it.  As you all mentioned this is a public forum and posters should expect all kinds of responses, you never know what you're going to get.  D is also getting married, just recently engaged (Yay!), hence her presence on a wedding website.  No lurking or stalking, she just got lucky I guess!  I hope that clears that all up.Third:  Sorry for the late response that allowed this nonsense to progress today, I was at work, working, with no access or I would have responded myself to the original.  I did print out the screenshots D sent me to review and think about, but I was pretty busy and I'm not sure which printer I sent them to.  I thought I hit print a couple of times, so most likely they are floating around the bldg somewhere.  If I have a chance maybe I will look for them tomorrow...maybe not, no big deal - for me.Fourth: With that said, my response is this:  I do not frequent these boards specifically for the trifling BS that goes on here.  Feel free to debate the topic amongst yourselves as much as you want, but I will have no further response to this in a public arena, nor will I track or come back to view this - it's just not my thing.  WHat I will offer is my email address so that if anyone has the urge/need to discuss, critique, or bash me or mine, they can feel free to reach out to me directly and I will provide you with my phone number - or better yet my address and directions to it to discuss one on one.  I'm not even sure where this is posted (NJ area, NY, the world, etc), but I am conveniently located in Red Bank, NJ, west side, real close to the parkway exit 109.  I can be reached at jeannebia@gmail.com.  I look forward to hearing from/meeting you!  Good luck everyone with your upcoming special days!Dani - Love you, and thanks again!  I guess now you know what that phone call I received at your engagement party saturday night was about - sorry I had to step away!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are CRAZY
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so confused--- what is with all this drama? Whatever that vent was about didn't seem that intense. Knottie G2G in red bank to discuss? haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WTF? As if the OP didn't confuse me enough!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saw Melissa's post but didn't read the following ones ...I was really upset, and needed to vent, this seemed like the best place to do it, was going to DD (which I did) but I fell asleep early and didn't do it till the morning.  Should I have vented some place else? Nope I feel good with having vented, no names were named, I stick with being able to vent, next time I might go to bc though, I really didn't 100% know how many lurkers there were.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so confused...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No need to bash that chick! Its pretty evident that she is a complete nut bag! Cheryl I would RUN! And fast! Crazy people!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards