New Jersey
Options

Blackberry Storm reviews?

I need a new phone the BB Curve is an awesome phone I know that from working with them at work for 60 people.  I love the idea of the storm but it seems to have bad reviews online.  Does anyone have experience with it and if so what do you think?  I don't want to spend money on another phone thats going to be a POS but I'm a phone geek and love all the new ones! :)TIA!

Re: Blackberry Storm reviews?

• Options
    designgirl14designgirl14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the storm. LOVED it at first but now it stinks. It lags.. very very slow compared to the other BB's. I hear the New Tour is pretty good. Have you looked into that?
  • Options
    mnewman84mnewman84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't say this from first hand experience, but a coworker has the storm and said pretty much the same thing. She loved it at first - but now it is very slow, and she has been having issues with the touchscreen. I have the curve, and love it! GL
    Live A Little ~ Love A Lot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI had the storm for a very short period of time, because he hated it!  As pp said it would lag, it would take forever just to go from one screen to another. I would either stick with the curve or try out the new tour.  I have the curve and love it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Get the iPhone. Can't tell you how happy I am with it. Blackberry annoys me, to get 3G they make you get the most expensive one. The new curve is really nice but it doesn't have 3G which was a dealbreaker for me. Also, if you are using this mostly for work email, ask your IT dept if they use blackberry or Microsoft exchange servers. You may want to get a phone with Microsoft op system so it synchs perfect with work email. For net browsing , iPhone wins hands down.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    designgirl14designgirl14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    user ATT sucks!! Cheryl if your on verizon stick with BB!!! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eh, I don't know why ATT has such a bad rap....I've had it before it was ATT...cingular, and before that...cellular one....never had any issues, had great experiences upgrading phones, and the few times I have had billing issues, mostof the time they issue me a 20-50 dollar credit for the inconvinience.....so what bad experience did you have with ATT?
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI has the storm and I can't stand it...if you have nails, it's hard to type/text because the screen actually needs your fingertip to click on the buttons.  I find that I'm always hitting the wrong buttons.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Michael and I are each getting a BB soon and I did tons of research -- between online and through talking to people I have determined that the curve is the only one worth considering...i just gotta talk him into the extra $30 per month/per phone thing
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i second skipping the BB and getting the iPhone. ATT has always been very accommodating when we've had issues. FI and I both upgraded in May and love the phones.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    until the iphone has real picture/video capabilities, i wouldn't pick it over a BB for email.  get a regular BB.  the curve is harder to type on and the storm will break in a month.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I third going with the IPhone. I have had the Iphone for 2 years now and I love it still. I have never had a problem with service or AT&T even when it was cingular. Fiance had verizon and paid more for his phone until he came to At&t. We both got them at the same time and decided to do a family plan. We both pay less then before with more services. As for the picture imaging (it annoys me too) they are supposed to be coming out with the program this Fall. I think someone told me September and I can't wait.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    iphone has video now. picture messaging was promised for June but now they are saying end of summer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, iPhone has video now, an you can email it or post it directly to youtube....neat.  Picture messaging in the the works, but most of my friends have smart phone's so I just email, instead of texting anyway.If you go on the internet a lot, you may not be happy with EDGE......3G is faster, and the Curve isn't 3G.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone (sorry read all from my POS phone but couldn't post) I think I am going to go with the Curve, I am glad I asked about the storm though I feel so much better. As for the Iphone, I am not on AT&T (Storm is only avail right now through Verizon) my contract is not up for quite sometime, and honestly, I deal with AT&T at work, I chose it for the company for BB service for all our reps and execs, the ONLY reason I chose it was because all their phones are int'l capable and you don't need to get a "different type" if you are traveling outside of the country (a lot of people do that sometimes)...for service, I personaly do not like it, I find I have WAY more complaints from my reps since we've switched to AT&T, in 3 years on Verizon, I've dropped maybe 3 calls. Design-I looked into the tour after you post and I do like it but its a little high still in price (200 bucks) and I'm cheap! :) Thanks again everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! FYI......verizon is supposed to get an iPhone light soon. Sent from my iPhone. LOL
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards