New Jersey

Superficial Detail Question

This is really ridiculous and I can't believe I'm even caring about this detail right now...Do you ever look at the postage on a wedding invite?  My invites need an 81 cent stamp because of their abnormal shape.  The closest options I have are putting 2 44 cent stamps or 1 95 cent stamp.  I have never been a fan of putting 2 stamps on something formal like a wedding invite but think it's ridiculous to spend $15 extra bucks on postage just because I'm crazy.  I'm sure no one else will notice/care.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Superficial Detail Question

• mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have never, ever noticed.
  • edited December 2011
    thats the 1st thing i look at is the stamps...if i dont like what they used or if there is more than necessary on their, then i dont even reply to the wedding....LOL Im totally Just kidding!no one will look at the stamps!! I used the 61cent wedding cake stamps and noticed that it had lime green in them which was the color of my envelope and i called ppl and said isnt it funny how the stamp matched and their response "WHAT STAMP" LOOL
  • Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never noticed/cared.  I've received a few wedding invitations the past few weeks and I don't care/didn't even notice what kind of postage was on them.
  • edited December 2011
    Never noticed.
  • Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put two 44 cent wedding stamps. At the time of stamping there was no 95 cent wedding stamp.I would rather go with 2 44 cent stamps that were wedding, then 1 big stamp that wasn't weddingy.
  • edited December 2011
    never noticed and wouldn't care. its postage.
  • edited December 2011
    Nope never noticed and I got one yesterday.  Couldn't for $100 tell you what the postage was.However, I do understand why you are asking LOL
  • edited December 2011
    i did the custom stamps but thats when i had a bridezilla moment ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for bringing me back to reality.  I decided to go with the 44 cent stamps but still get the custom ones I wanted on Zazzle.  Used the rings for the response cards.  Thanks!  This is the most ridiculous question I've ever asked!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have probably never noticed, but am picky enough that if it was me, I would spend the $15 extra to make my invitations look exactly how I wanted them to.  It is only $15.
  • edited December 2011
    If it's cute, like Zazzle, I do notice them.  Otherwise, the rings or hearts (last years) are fine.  Depends how detail focused you want to be, but I don't think your guests will notice as much as you will.
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    no one will care or notice.  i bought wedding stamps and didn't even like them.
  • Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not have noticed before I came on the knot.  Now, I might notice, but woudn't give it more than a second's thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards