New Jersey
Options

Honeymoon-how did you decide?

Was it a place you've been dying to go?  Financial?

Re: Honeymoon-how did you decide?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I were going to go to St Lucia because it is out of the hurricane belt (we're getting married at the tail end of the season). After seeing pictures of cloudy skies, we decided on Hawaii instead. It's a once in a lifetime experience so we're going big!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We wanted some place that neither of us had been before and was also finacially friendly. We knew we wanted an AI and went from there.
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We knew we wanted to go to someplace new, and we wanted to go to an AI.   We also knew we wanted to go somewhere in the Caribbean, and went from there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We wanted AI and some where we have never been, financially we decided to splurge, and after looking, FI was really set on one place he veto'd like 4 places lol.
  • Options
    laurenlaceylaurenlacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We basically figured out what place was the best for us by thinking about where we would really like to go TOGETHER, and how much there was to do in that place as a couple. We settled nicely on Disneyworld, since we're both little kids at heart and also the food is good (and free right now!! free dining) and everything is in one place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We picked Hawaii for the tons of different activities availableand the fact that we prob wouldn't get back there for a long time.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We knew we were able to go for about 2 weeks, work-wise.  That's rare.  So we wanted to go somewhere farther than we would ordinarily go if we were only going away for a week.  But on the other hand, after dealing with wedding stress, flying to somewhere like Australia sounded like it would be maybe too much.  So we went to Hawaii, which was a nice compromise.
  • Options
    itsme32985itsme32985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I let fi pick b/c I have gotten my way with everything so far.  I always wanted to go to Antigua so he made a good choice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    melissa721melissa721 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We were dying to go to Hawaii but it is expensive. We decided to do a cruise around Hawaii so we could see a few different islands but save money on food/hotels since we slept on the ship and all our food was included. It worked out great.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks 

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

TFAS since February 2013--BFP on cycle 1!

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

SA #1 - Slightly abnormal shape, #2 - very low count

Follistim + IUI 3x = BFN, BFN, very late BFP with super low progesterone --> c/p

Moving on to long protocol IVF with ICSI and PGS in August 2014...how in the holy hell did I get here? FU 2IF.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My whole life I wanted to stay in those little bungalows over the water so I was determined to get to French Polynesia no matter what! Also, have 2 weeks off helped a lot, I wouldn't do that for a one week trip.
  • Options
    LarissaAnnLarissaAnn member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since my 4-day trip to Ireland in '98, I've wanted to have a honeymoon in Ireland. When DH suggested it out of the blue, because he's part Irish and had never been there, I jumped on the idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We both always wanted Hawaii for a honeymoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For me, it was a place I REALLY wanted to go to. For DH, he wanted to go but was more concerned about $. Now he says he's glad I talked him into going. We were going to do an AI in Aruba vs. Maui. We ended up with Maui after we decided that the AI would be nice but not work that well for us. I also wanted it to be a place that neither of us had been to before.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We wanted to go somewhere we have never been and had a lot of activities b/c FI can't relax for very long. We are headed to Costa Rica.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH had initially vetoed Hawaii, because everyone goes there, and he didn't want to go where everyone else goes.  So, he was looking through a honeymoon magazine one day, came across a small article about this amazing safari resort in South Africa.  We looked into it, realized that South Africa isn't nearly as expensive as we thought it woud be, and made a decision to splurge a bit and go for it!  We are leaving the end of this month and can't wait! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are trying to book hawaii and vegas, Hawaii for romance and once in a lifetime kind of thing, Vegas to party
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards