New Jersey
Options

Bora Bora advice and recs

Hi everyone!  We are thinking about Bora Bora for our honeymoon.  I started doing some preliminary research and I cannot find any direct flights from NYC to Tahiti anymore.  Were you able to fly direct?  If not, did you do the layover in LAX?  Was the flight painfully long? If so, was it worth it?  It looks incredibly gorgeous - I am just looking for an honest opinion as to whether the long flight was justified, as opposed to going somewhere great in the caribbean.  Any recs on hotels in Bora Bora?  Did you stay any nights in Tahiti?  Any thoughts appreciated.  

Re: Bora Bora advice and recs

• Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    teamaande (einat) was just there for her honeymoon.  Page her or I am sure she will see this.  I am sure she will have lots to tell you about it.  From her pictures I can tell you it looks absoulty amazing! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you leave your email I can send you my itinerary later tonight. I have the basic info in my bio. I was originally booked on a direct flight to Tahiti but a few months ago Air Tahiti completely canceled this service so you must connect through LAX. The way there was not bad at all since we were on the honeymoon high. The way back was dreadful. We flew from Bora Bora to Tahiti to LAX to JFK and traveled for a total of 22 hours. Was it worth it?! YOU BET! I can send you my pics too once you leave your email.Good luck, it truly is the trip of a lifetime and paradise on earth. I still think about it everyday.
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Einat.  Thank you so much.  I'd love to see your itinerary and see your pics as well.  I've always wanted to go there and was hoping it was worth it!   leah2b@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mredynzmredynz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Einat could I see you pics too. mredynz@hotmail  Couldn't make it for our honeymoon but will def go on our 1 yr anniversary. Thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got back from Bora Bora on Saturday. Definatly beautiful and worth the long flight there. TeamA&E agreed coming back was painful (We flew the same way you did). We left Bora Bora at 4:30 and came into JKF 12:00am Saturday. OUCH!Leah if you want any other info just email me michelle.couvillon@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Einat, can i see pics? linzpicc @ hotmail Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I have the info also thinking about going there for my honeymoon. anisaschu at gmail. TIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards