New Jersey
Options

Poll: craziest wedding experience

My cousin got married in Fresno, outdoor wedding and it was over 100 degrees. The bride walked over this bridge with her dad and down the aisle and I was thinking....what is my cousin thinking as he sees his beautiful bride walk down the aisle...it was so beautiful. Then I see him put his hand to his pulse in is throat, hand to stomach back to throat and right before she got to the alter he ran away! It was surreal and I kept saying oh sh*t oh sh*t. He had a full blown panic attack! I felt soooo bad for her. After 5 minutes he came back but looked like he was going to pass out the entire time. They were 2 hours late for the reception...not pretty!

Re: Poll: craziest wedding experience

• Options
    edited December 2011
    holy shyt!!! i would freaking kill DH!the craziest wasn't really crazy--went to a dry/vegetarian wedding and hit up taco bell on the way home :-)
  • Options
    Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  not THAT crazy but we went to a wedding and everything ran like 2 hours late.  It was a dry wedding but that had a "secret" bar for certain people.  The couple bought the liquor for the venue, but the waiters were pouring a ton of it into glasses for themselves
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, that's horrible.Not too crazy but outside in July with no water while waiting for ceremony.  CH was veggie platter and cheese & cracker with iced tea and water.  Dinner was inedible.  We ended up at TGI Friday's in my bridesmaid dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ghetto wedding we went to of a distant friend........cocktail hour was cheese and crackers and the line to get to the one table was like 50 people long....after the first 20 people everything was gone!!  Later that night, the groom took off his white shirt and was walking around in tux pants and a wife-beater.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The groom got so drunk that he couldn't cut the cake. Apparently he was pre-gaming a TON before the actual ceremony.
  • Options
    VeryZenVeryZen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a lot of strange ceremonies.  One in particular was when the bride converted the baby book "Love you Forever" by Robert Munch into vows.  The best part was when the groom said, "I will love you for the rest of YOUR life."  Good times.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven’t' been to a wedding were anything crazy has happened at least not that I noticed.
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a bridesmaid in a wedding where, at the start of the reception, all of the wedding party and some family members had to get up on the dancefloor, hold hands in a circle with the couple dancing in the middle, and dance around in a circle (holding hands the entire time).  We then continued to switch directions in the circle for the rest of  the song. It was not a cultural thing - just very bizarre.  I felt like I was back in grade school. BUT, the wedding was fun after that.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    as I vented earlier today--the whole not being fed thing was pretty crazy.I also went to a wedding where the bride decided, instead of a band or dj, to hook her ipod up to speakers.  The sound was so bad that no one could really hear unless you were sitting right next to the speakers...me and my FI did happen to be close enough to hear...except we did not really feel up to dancing to songs from School House Rock...
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have been to 2 weddings that were just nasty disgusting food, i had to scoop my own ice cream that was gross looking ( i didnt eat it) one of them was on the poorer side of things, and i knew the bride and groom were short on money but the other one, no excuse! she spent $5,000 on flowers, and about $1000 on gross buffet with nothing edible other than mashed potatoes, my shower was better!
  • Options
    MishieMishie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right after her wedding, my cousin (the bride) was starving. The hotel where we were all staying at had a Taco Bell across the street.  She walked over with her brothers and her new husband and they walked into the lobby.  The woman working there said that the lobby was closed but that the drive thru was open.  They were all very drunk from the wedding, and asked the woman if they could walk through the drive thru.  The woman said that they could.  So, they went through the drive thru, ordered, and paid... and then 3 police cars show up and tell them all to freeze and put their hands up.  Apparently the woman working there called the cops on them, even though they were legit customers, lol.  My cousin was crying hysterically saying "It's my wedding night! I was hungry! I'm a good person! I'm a doctor!!!" Needless to say the cops didn't do anything, but it sure made a great story for them to tell their kids later on hahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't undestand why that woman called the cops!
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding where the bride and groom had previously broken up their engagement and then gotten back together. Her MOHs (best friend and sister), as their speech, wrote a poem all about their relationship, detailing their breakup and claimed that when they got back together, this time the groom "got down on both knees"--even though she was the one who begged him to come back. Everyone kind of looked around at each other and awkwardly laughed--no one knew how to react! Later that night they were fighting over the music and for every Italian song the DJ played, she forced him to play an Irish jig. It was so odd.I later found out she caught him sleeping with another girl the week before the wedding.
  • Options
    dnldjttdnldjtt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Warning--this is long, but funny, not at the time, though.I have two stories that happened over 10 years ago, and totally true. One happened to my sister and the other one to me, I'll tell my sister's incident first. It was a small wedding and reception where my sister's friend had told everyone that the reception was taking place at this restaurant of about 25 people.  As the bride was going around to the different tables, people were handing her cards with cash and checks in them.  At the end of the night my sister along with the other guests were handed bills for their meals and bar tabs.  Neither my sister, nor the other guests were warned in advance that not only was it a cash bar, but a cash meal.  My sister said that if she had nerve she would have taken the card back from the bride and paid for the meal with the cash she placed in it.  Ironically, this couple is not together anymore.  The one that happened to me was the bride was two hours late getting to the ceremony, and then the best part of all, I drove an hour from the church to the reception, only to find that the caterer NEVER made it there with the food.  There was just an empty hall in the middle of August with no air conditioning.  I believe that their check to the caterer bounced and so they decided to not show, and the bride resorted to taking up a collection for food.  I decided at that point it was time for me to go. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I later found out she caught him sleeping with another girl the week before the wedding. And she still married him!?
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I KNOW! They actually had a full-on blizzard during their wedding--talk about a sign! It messed a bunch of things up, but show still went on, unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards