New Jersey
Options

Vendor Reviews

Hi everyone.  I haven't posted in quite some time, but since many of you helped me while I was planning, I thought I would share my reviews. Reception - Westmount Country Club: A+ www.westmountcc.com We could not have been more pleased with Westmount.  The food and service were amazing.  We were catered to all night and so were our parents.  Karen was our MD and she was wonderful and very attentive.  Our guests raved about it from the second the cocktail hour started.  As far as during the planning process, again, I have no complaints.  They were responsive and very helpful the week of the wedding when we were bringing things there, asking questions, etc.  It was a great reception and I would highly recommend this venue.   Ceremony - St. Mary's Parish: A www.stmarysnutley.org We had a great experience with St. Mary's.  We are not parishioners there, but they were very welcoming from day 1.  We met with our priest a few times throughout our engagement and he was very flexible.  Pre-cana was a one-day thing (a Saturday) and that was it.  The only issue was that although we changed the order of the ceremony a little bit, our priest forgot and did it the standard way.  He apologized as soon as he realized, but in all honesty, I didn't even care at that point.  I would recommend this church.   Band - The Michael Hart Band (Hank Lane): A+ www.hanklane.com Our band was amazing!  They can play anything and they have a great time and put on a show.  Hank Lane, as a company, was fantastic to deal with throughout the entire process.  The band leader played the piano during our cocktail hour, which was very nice.  I can't even say enough about them, so I'll keep this short.  They were truly fantastic and are a very talented group of people.   Photographer & Videographer - Milton Gil: Grade pending photos www.miltongil.com Melinda and her assistant, Alex, showed up on time and were extremely pleasant to work with.  Our videographer was very non-intrusive.  I am withholding my grade until we get our proofs, which should be in another week or two, but up until this point we had a very positive experience with them.   Florist - Pedestals: A- www.pedestalsflorist.comWe worked with Vito and he did an excellent job.  Our centerpieces were exactly what I wanted and the bouquets all around were lovely.  There were two things I was unhappy with, minor in comparison to the wonderful things, but something to mention... our cake table was not decorated the way I had asked for it to be.  It was supposed to have a few rows of candles and instead had 3 or 4 candles scattered around the table.  We had an extra centerpiece, which I had requested that they put on a table near the bathroom, but it wasn't there.  Instead, they put it in the cocktail hour room.  Overall, they did a great job and Vito was fun to work with throughout the process.   Limos - Santos: Cwww.santoslimousine.comI think I'm the only person on here to have a not-so-great experience with them.  We had 2 limos, the limo transporting DH and BP to the church was a half hour late.  It was pouring rain and the driver did NOT have an umbrella.  This, to me, is just completely unacceptable.  My family members had to come out of church with their own umbrellas to help people out of the limo and into church.  I was also told by the BP and DH that the driver was texting while he was driving, in the rain.  They didn't really feel safe.  My limo arrived on time and my driver had an umbrella, thankfully.  The limos didn't have much to do for us, they just had to take us from the hotel to church and from the church to Westmount and then they were done, so it is regretful that they couldn't do that without any problems.  At least we got where we needed to go, albeit late and wet.   Hair - Stacy Pitt: A+ www.stylesonb.com Stacy was wonderful.  She is extremely professional and talented.  She did my hair, 6 BMs, MOB, and MOG.  She did a really good job with everyone, there were all different hair types and styles.  Most girls showed her pictures of the look they wanted and she made it work for their hair type.  I was 100% pleased with my hair.  It was a half down style and it stayed all night.  She put extensions in my hair and I loved those as well, they looked amazing and natural.  She showed up on time and was just a great person to have around.  She is very calm and helpful, I highly recommend her!   Make-up - The Glam Fairy (Alexa Prisco): A+ www.theglamfairy.comAlexa did a great job.  Everyone looked gorgeous and the make-up lasted all night.  She did my make-up, 7 BMs, MOB, and MOG.  She showed up on time and got right to work.  I was especially pleased with my make-up, I had made changes from my trial and she listened and did exactly what I wanted.  She did several different looks and worked with many different skin types and everyone looked so beautiful.  She is a talker and is high energy, so if you are okay with that then I highly recommend her.  She is very talented.   My Dress - Kleinfeld: A- www.kleinfeldbridal.com Overall, I had an excellent experience at Kleinfeld.  Keasha was my bridal consultant and she was amazing.  Mariella was my seamstress and for all of my fittings she was great.  The only problem I had was that my hem did not sit right, it kept flipping up.  My only suggestion would be to make sure you try on your dress when it's 100% done (maybe most people do this, I'm not sure).  I tried it on for every fitting obviously, but for my last fitting the hem still wasn't sewn b/c they save that until the very end in case you change shoes.  So when I went to pick it up I just took it, but I wish I had tried it on one more time when the hem was completed.  Sorry if that's confusing.  Overall, I loved my dress and had a good experience at Kleinfeld.   Tuxedos - Men's Wearhouse: B www.menswearhouse.com We had a pretty decent experience with them.  DH's pants were too short, but they fixed them right away.  My father had to go back a few times b/c his jacket didn't fit right and the new jacket wasn't in when they said it would be.  Some of the GMs had minor issues, but they fixed everything.  You never know what you're going to get with these people, but at least everyone's tux came in on time and they fixed any problems.   BM Dresses - Here Comes The Bridesmaid: A- www.bridesmaids.com I went there twice… narrowed down the choices with my MOH and then went back with most of the BMs to pick the dress.  They were easy to work with and helpful and the dresses came in on time.  I had to call in a few measurements for the girls who couldn't make it there and that went smoothly as well.  The only thing is that they didn't suggest extra length for one of my BMs and she could have used it, but overall the dresses fit everyone really well and they all looked amazing.   Photobooth - NYC Photobooth: A www.nycphotobooth.com This was a big hit, everyone really enjoyed it.  Our scrapbook is wonderful and so much fun to look at.  The attendant was a little late due to traffic (theme of our wedding), so the BP didn't have a chance to use it in the beginning as planned, but he was set up and ready to go at the start of the reception, which is what really mattered.  It was so much fun and the attendant was very helpful and nice.   Favors - Mini wine bottles: A www.personalwine.comWe ordered red and white mini wine bottles with a personalized label that matched our invitations, menus, décor, etc.  They were excellent to work with and very timely.  The only negative is that I thought the font was a little too small on the label.  They sent me a proof to approve, but I couldn't really tell how small the font was.  Probably my fault for not asking for it in the actual size, but I still thought they could have used a slightly larger font so it would have been easier to read.  I recommend them though, they were great!   Hotel - Hampton Inn & Suites: B www.ffhis.comOverall, they were good, especially considering the number of weddings there the night of our wedding.  A couple of problems, the hotel was sold out so some of my guests were moved to their sister hotel down the road.  My issue with this is that no one at the Hampton Inn told me about the people in the other hotel.  So, I didn't even know who (or that) people were in the other hotel.  So those people didn't get a welcome bag, didn't know about the breakfast the next day, etc.  That was disappointing.  Also, we had a buffet breakfast the day after in the restaurant, which was nice, but we were charged for the number I estimated a few days prior and didn't know that would be the case.  I thought I was giving an estimate and that someone would be counting at the door for the actual number that we would pay for (after we met the minimum, of course).  It was a waste of money, so just be aware that the number you give them a few days prior is the number you are paying for even if half show up.  I wasn't happy about that.  Also, I found out that there was a leak in the ceiling from the rain and my friend's dress, which was hanging in the closet, got soaked.  Thankfully she had a back-up b/c she had another wedding the next day, but that is definitely not pleasant.  I hope it wasn't ruined.I think that's everything, the big stuff at least.  Hope you find them helpful!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew I forgot one... Dance Lessons - Wedding Day Dance (Anne-Marie): A www.weddingdaydance.com Anne-Marie was wonderful!  Neither of us are dancers in the technical sense of the word and she made us look presentable.   We did not practice as much as we should have or it would have been better, but I definitely recommend her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad things overall went well for you.  Ridiculous about the limo driver...did you complain to Santos?I also loved Stacy!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  I'd love to see photos if you have any.  I am getting married at the Westmount next year in the Continental room.  Haven't done the florist yet....
  • Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy, we were in the ballroom, but I'm happy to share pictures with you.  Leave your email address and I'll send you a snapfish album of pictures people have sent me so far. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    amy232323@aol.comThanks so much!!  Did you meet with all 3 florists??
  • Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YGM. No, we did not.  From our research, S&P were way out of our budget.  I was going to meet with Atlas after Pedestals, but I really liked Vito and he understood the look I wanted and worked with our budget, so I didn't feel the need to meet with another florist.
  • Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Regarding Santos, caketime, I did not complain.  I will if they ask me for feedback, but otherwise I just don't see the point.  At least at the moment, maybe I'll change my mind. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would let them know as an FYI especially since he was texting while driving.
  • Options
    Slento15Slento15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember you, Christine!  I was wondering where you went!  Glad to hear you had a great day!  I got married in the ballroom about 2 months  before you (June 5th) and could not have been happier!  i would love to see your pictures too!  hazelnut24 at aol.com Congrats!!
  • Options
    SinthyaSinthya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember you took! I remember thinking you are so pretty when you posted your m/u trial pics. shoot me the pics too! sinthya18 @ gmail
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I remember you too! One day you just fell off the face of the earth, I figured you got married a long time ago!Congratulations! I would love to see some photos teamaande@ gmail com
  • Options
    cknud112cknud112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha ha, you girls are funny.  I remember all of you too and congratulations to you since you are all MGs now! :)YGM
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Westmount July 3rd and would love to see pics if you don't mind. GGRL096@aol.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience with Milton Gil as well.  Alex was my main photographer and my pictures were phenomenal. :)
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations. I would love to see some pix of the hair that you had and that your girls had. I am concerned that she is a little expensive but I have thin hair and I want mine half up half down so I was also considering extensions as well. If you could shoot some photos to LauraMichelleSmall @ gmail.com I would really apprecite it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can I see hair pictures as well? Marinsnj at yahoo.com TIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  Can I see pictures too? Thank you!misschristinec at hotmail
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, I am about to start trials for my hair and make-up, and was interested in both your hair and make-up girls and your reviews sound great.  I would truly appreciate seeing some pics of hair and make-up for you and your bridal party if you don't mind.  kieranbenswedding@hotmail.comThanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards