New Jersey

When did your invites get mailed?

Hello - I just got the call that my invites are ready.  I used someone great that was recommended on this board and she packages everything up - all I need to do is put the stamps on the outside!

I am getting married July 14th - I was thinking of mailing them out the week of May 9th (if I can hold off that long!).  When did you guys send yours out - how much in advance?
TIA!

Re: When did your invites get mailed?

• May 9th is fine.  8 weeks is the norm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I sent mine out 10 weeks in advance because my wedding was at the end of the summer, and I know a lot of people take vacations around that time so I wanted them to have as much notice as possible. That gave them 6 weeks to RSVP.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    When is your RSVP date?  I mailed mine right after Labor Day for a 10/4 RSVP, 11/4 wedding.  I wanted to leave plenty of time for late RSVPs and calling people who didn't. 
    Your timeline sounds right on target.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• June 14th - this way I have a month to do the tables and square away with the venue, etc.

• I think it's totally fine to mail them out now... We're mailing ours out first week of June for our end of August wedding.
  • We are getting married July 20th our rsvp date is June 20th and I plan on sending out our invites in about 2 weeks.

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • We're getting married Sept 7th, RSVP date is Aug 7th & invites will be going out in the beginning of July!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started mailing mine out this month for a mid-August wedding. It's super early but that's just how I roll. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards