New Jersey
Options

*Einat*

Hope you don't mind the question, but I just saw in your bio that you went to Tahiti for your honeymoon. FI and I booked our honeymoon  -  2 nights in Tahiti and then a 10 day cruise stopping in Moorea, Bora Bora, Huahine, Ranigora, and Raitea.   Our stop overs are pretty long on each Island.  Any suggestions as to what to do in Tahiti, Moorea or Bora Bora?  Did you do a Motu picnic?  Thanks in advance!Kathleen

Re: *Einat*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Relax in Tahiti, or do an excursion to the three waterfalls. Definitely eat at the Roulettes in downtown Papetee!Moorea is great for a 4x4 tour, book through Alberts company near the Moorea Pearl resort.In Bora Bora, go to the town of Vaitape, go to 3 Tiki store and have her call Teiki to arrange a private boat tour of the whole lagoon. We snorkeling in special spots, played with stingrays, swam with sharks, and saw coral gardens. He set up the motu picnic (it was just the two of us but his friend lives on the motu so we weren't private--they were nearby) This takes 5-6 hours. If you have less time, tell her to arrange a 2 hour private jetski lagoon tour. It was AMAZING. The guy showed us the entire island and lagoon and then set up a private fruit tasting in the water. The woman at 3 Tiki (her name is Hinano) got the BEST rates on the island, and trust me, I did my research.Enjoy it, you are in PARADISE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    **butting in**Einat - I love your latest siggy pic.  You look stunning and so does that background!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the tips.  I can't believe this is where we are going - I keep on thinking it must be a mistake.  We are actually in Bora Bora for 2 full days so I will try and arrange what you suggested.  My birthday happens to be while we are on the Honeymoon so I plan on making a special trip to a black pearl farm as well!I agree also  -- your signature pic is gorgeous!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, any picture you take there will be gorgeous!Go to the farm in Ranigora, is that what you are planning? Everyone in FP gets their pearls from a farm in that island. Jealous you are going to the actual farm, that's awesome! I got my black pearl from the Tahiti Pearl Market in Vaitape, it was the best selection and prices after comparing on all three islands.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is the stop over where we will be going to the Pearl Farm, but I believe we actually take a boat to Ta'Ha to go to the actual farm.  I could be wrong though.The on-going joke I have is that I sugested Greece but Fiance did not want to go to Greece so I had to settle on Tahiti. Did you stay in an over-water bungalow?  We will be at the Intercontintal in Tahiti for the first 2 nights and I think that is as close to paradise as you can get -- rolling out of bed and falling into the ocean.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::Hijacking post:: Einat, where did you get your parasols?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's funny, Greece was my option #2 but I REALLY wanted FP!Tahaa also has the pearls, but they seemed to be more known for their vanilla.We stayed in an OWB in Bora Bora...heaven. DH snorkeled around the room every minute he could! We have pics/videos of us jumping off all the ledges of the deck into the water!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are right -- just checked the intenirary and it is Pearl Farming in Rangoria and when we get to Raiatea we take a boat to Tahaa where I think we want to go horseback riding. When we were looking at honeymoons I never even though FP would be an option (FI is not the "dreamer" I am) so I suggested Greece - thinking he would love the combination of luxury/science/culture.  When he suggested FP I nearly Kieled over.      
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards