New Jersey
Options

tuxes?

Hi everyone.I'm wondering what my responsibility is in picking out the tuxes for the groomsmen. Should FI do that? How far in advance should they pick a style and get measured if they are just renting.Wedding is 5 mos away, but he hasn't even asked all his groomsmen to be in WP yet!TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: tuxes?

• Options
    laurenlaceylaurenlacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just did this yesterday at men's wearhouse.In my case, FI didn't care. he liked the vest I picked and the colors, so we went with it. If he hadn't, we'd have picked something else.I'd pick what you want and show him. That's just me. In general from what I've heard, men tend to think a tux is a tux and not really care. He should probably ask people to be in his wedding party asap.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your FI Should ask is groomsmen to take part asap. You don't need to be measure for 2-3 months out but at least let them know that they will need to rent one.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's probably best if your FI or you and your FI go to pick out the tuxes. I just imagine a group of guys going and coming out with something crazy! Maybe I am just thinking of the disaster that would happen if FI's friends got say in it, haha.We went together and FI first looked at the different tux options and picked one. Then he tried on a bunch of different vests/ties and we picked what we liked best for him, then for the GM, and then for our dads. The GM don't have to get measured until the month of, although the girl at the store recommended telling them a little bit earlier than that if we have guys who tend to be late (which we do), so that's what we're doing.He should probably ask his GM soon, just in case any of them need to save up for it.
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Fi and I went together.  He wanted me to pick out the colors because he said if I let him he would pick crazy colors..LOL..at least he was honest!You can go at any time to pick them out.   I would give the GM as much time as possible, and try to get them to go early!  I was hounding guys until the very last minute to go get measured and it was a pain in the neck!I agree with the others, your Fi should get to asking his GM pretty quick.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i think your FI should certainly have a say, but might not (will likely not) care that much.  my DH is very into suits since he wears on everyday for work, so he certainly wanted a say in what he wore on our wedding day.  we went together and picked for him and the entire BP.  my dad was given the option to wear anything he liked.  he chose to wear same as the BP but in traditional black/white, no color vest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards