New Jersey
Options

-->>kpeteley

i <3 betty... who was your breeder?  i think i might have asked this a long time ago but forgot.  we are thinking of getting another dane in the next year or two.  we love, love love our breeder (mj cohen of thor-kourt) but always nice to look around and have options.  more pics please! 

Re: --&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;gt;kpeteley

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  She is huge about 170 now.  I will take more pics and upload this week.  I have to get the name - it's been a long time.  She was from the south.  Thor-Kourt - my uncle got his lakeland terrier from them - he always said they were really great and that it was hysterical to see the little dogs running with these huge danes.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    aww yup MJ has the danes and the terriers... it's hysterical.  the danes don't peep a word and the terriers are running around barking like mad.  his house is amazing, really just built for the dogs.  my dream home!  lol... how far apart in age are your danes?  do you think i should wait until one is out of puppy stage?  i wanted to get frankie a sister most liklely, although i prefer males, i am afraid they might not get along.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My uncle said that there are just dogs everywhere there. His terrier is a sweetie.We got them from 2 different breeders.  They are only 5 days apart in age, but we had Betty for 5 weeks before we got Duke.  It has been a battle with training, because they are in kahoots with each other.  They are 2 yrs, 1 month now.  I honestly think now would be a great time for you to get a second.  I would take Frankie with you to the breeder, so he can help pick out his new sibling.  Our dogs cuddle with each other all the time and then fight a lot to, so I don't necessarily think that a female over a male is better.  How much does Frankie weigh now?
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    he's "only" about 130 now at 11 months old.  mom was 165 and dad was well over 200,  but he wasn't the largest of the bunch.  i like him growing slowly anyway.  i am a sucker for the harles but love the look of those merles too.  they are so sweet, and would look adordable with my blue LOL...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love pure blue's.  I was set on getting one when I fell in love with a picture of Betty.  She was my Birthday gift - 2 years ago today :)  (although we got her 2 weeks later on FI's bday.  Have you gone on petfinder?  I think that is where we found her - so many puppies to chose from.  I would be tempted to get one if I looked and there is no way I could do three danes.  http://sn.im/qugcqWhen she was at the breeders - she was scrappy then too and got a little cut over her eye but still so cute!The Breeders last name is Bennett - have to find their site.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards