New Jersey
Options

Wedding Reviews VERY LONG 9/23

Any other questions let me know. Email Monsterison@aol.comI am trying to be as honest as possible here with my reviews so if it seems negative it’s not. I am just trying to give an honest review here. The Valley Regency B+  First off I have to say that we got a discount from The Valley Regency. I am pretty sure it goes for around $105 for a Sunday wedding. My brother who is a chef knows the head chef that works there. We got it for $70 per person. With that being said  I think they could have been easier to work with if we were paying full price. I would call and get nasty responses,  things that said were going to be done weren’t. I paid over $100 for silk rose petals to be scattered on the sides of the aisle for the ceremony. I labeled everything with post its that way they knew where everything went. Petals were never thrown. In fact they were no were no where to be found after the wedding. That really pissed me off because I bought 3000 rose petals for nothing. Also I made an extra table # just incase. I wrote that on a post it. Dan my Matre D came yelling at me 15 min before the ceremony that I was wrong for putting an extra one on the box and I drove him crazy. Other than that The Valley Regency was a beautiful  place to have my wedding. It really looked exactly how I wanted it. Lifetyme Photo and Video A+ (video pending) My customer recommended them for photography. They were really great and pictures came out beautiful. We had Roy who was our photographer. I have to say Roy was an interesting character. He was an odd ball but so sweet. He did everything that was asked and was a pleasure. DH and were cracking up every time he would run around getting the “perfect” shot. Video camera man was great. I don’t even remember his name but he was nice and he did a great job not getting in everyone way. Weddinghits.com A+ Mike Russo was great to work with. His communication was great. He played everything exactly how I wanted it to go. Would definitely recommend him. Especially since he was reasonably priced. A beautiful Affair of the Heart.com  A Rev. Ken was great. He tried to calm us down right before the ceremony. I almost had a melt down about 10 min before. He helped relax me so I was good. Ceremony went exactly as planned. The only reason for not the A+ was because the ceremony did seem a little rushed. I know it was hot as all hell out but it did seem a bit rushed. Tru Limousine C  The fact that the owner the day of picking out the limo told us we could pay the remaining balance at the end of the wedding. Well limo guy showed up and asked for the $$. DH was not with me so I didn’t have his credit card. After calling him and getting his card # it couldn’t be run thru because credit card machine needed the card to be swiped. (I don’t get it) Thank god I had my credit card on me. I used mine but that was not the plan so whatever.  At the end of the wedding when the limo driver was driving us home he put his window thing down and started talking to us. We wanted to be left alone to talk about the wedding. I didn’t care about his kid and his wife that is 8 years older than him. Mandy La Sorella Bridal A. She was super early the day of the wedding which was great. She does amazing work and she is really sweet. The reason for not the A+ was because my sister backed out of getting her hair done and I still had to pay for her. I understand that I signed a contract and that’s the reason I had to sign it, but it would have been nice of her to waive that fee. 24/7 Events. B  These were our chair covering people. The colors match perfectly. Sharron was priced very good as well. $4.99 per chair. That was the cheapest I have seen. She traveled very far to do this too. The reason for the B was because an hour into the wedding half of the sashes were coming undone and falling off. I thought they would have lasted most of the day but they didn’t. I don’t know if they didn’t tie them tight enough but it started to look crappy when some of the sashes were  on the floor. Russell’s Bridal A The girls there are so nice. Very helpful and easy to talk to. A and not A+ was because a part of my dress broke 2nd to last fitting. I asked them to fix it. It was done at my final fitting until I told them I wasn’t getting out of the dress until it was fixed. It got fixed and looked wonderful Westfield Ave Florist A+ Flowers were amazing. Mike did everything the way I wanted. Couldn’t be more impressed. The Forum. (rahway) D I would never ever go back to these people again. I would give these people an F but the fact the DH tux was perfect. Everyone one else that got a tux was not what I asked for. Ties were no where near what I picked out. How can you *F up 4 tuxes? Everyone had ivory shirts and they were telling BM that ivory shirt wouldn’t look good with his tie. I clearly stated he needed an ivory shirt like everyone else.  It looked great with Ivory. They just don’t have any taste. They were nasty to talk to as well. Rexcraft.com A+ Invitations. If your looking for reasonable prices for invitations this is the place. They look nice but wont break the bank. I paid about $300 for 50 invites that looked like they costs much more than that. Target. A+ Everyone on here talks such crap about Targets registry. I didn’t have one problem with them and I would recommend. My  sister also did Target 4 years ago and didn’t have a problem either. No nightmares with them here. Marriott in Newark D- They sucked big time. First of all the booked us on the wrong night and charged us a no show fee. Charged us twice on our credit card too. When we booked we called and spoke to someone when booking. Why would we screw up what day we wanted to book when it was our wedding night. The only reason for not a F was because the room was originally $600 a night and they gave it to us for $200 for all the trouble that they gave us. But whatever they still sucked. JenRinaldiPhotography.com  A+ She did my engagement photos which came out amazing. We spent about 4 hours with her at Princeton U. She was great to work with and very patient. People always compliment they pictures that she took of us. Her prices are great considering that people charge a hefty amount of $$ for photo shoots.  We would use her again.

Re: Wedding Reviews VERY LONG 9/23

• Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats and thanks for your honest reviews.
  • Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOOOps lol 8/23. Dont even know m,y own wedding date. Haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is _fucked up about the VR.  doesn't matter if you paid $70/person or $200/person.  the point is you paid and should get the same service as every other bride that books with them.
  • Options
    drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Overall you had a Wonderful day.  Congratulations!!!What about the rain?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with Erika...no matter the price the place should be giving the same service they would give others.Very good honest reviews :)
  • Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The rain stayed away which was great! It was just really really humid for the guests. I was so happy we were able to do it outside.
  • Options
    drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You see my dance with the Spanish song worked, the rain went away :)  I'm happy that you was able to have the ceremony outside.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I had the total opposite experience at VR just 2 weeks ago.  Sorry to hear you were treated that way...it shouldn't matter how much of a deal you got.  Hope you had an amazing day regarless of their behavior!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards