New Jersey
Options

Limo Companies?

Hi Ladies, When I booked my wedding date for a Friday in June next year, the last thing I was thinking about was proms that might potentially be the same day as my wedding. However, when I went to book a limo/party bus the other day, I was informed that Fridays in May and June are "blackout" days because lots of high schools have their proms those days. The companies I called told me that their wedding packages don't apply for Fridays in these months and that while I could still book their services I would be required to pay the same price as a prom package, which is significantly higher than their wedding rates!Does anyone know a reputable company that they would recommend that won't be ridiculously expensive? I can't bring myself to pay almost $1000 extra just because my wedding is on a Friday in June. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Re: Limo Companies?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand why prom packages are more. With the wedding package you get champagne, red carpet, etc. You don't get any of that for prom.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My guess is prom packages are more because they make you have the 4-6 hour package rather then the usual 3 hour wedding package. Plus I'd charge more to cart around a bunch of high school kids! Regardless I don't think its right for them to not provide you with a wedding package. I understand why....but it seems greedy!
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same thing happened to me...I am a Friday in May and never thought of prom season.  The prom rate is usually a minimum of 8 hours whereas the wedding is usually a min of 3 1/2.  So the companies want you to pay the 8 hours.  When I had called around, Santos limo said that if I was done with the limo by 4pm I could pay the wedding rate.  My ceremony starts at 4pm so that was out.  I was able to find a company that gave me the wedding rate, but I think that is only because it was about my 7th call in a row and I was so frustrated I was about to cry. Maybe the done by 4pm thing with Santos will be an option for you.  GL! 
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony starts at 4 so Santos won't work but thanks for the thought. I've come to the conclusion after calling 5 different places that limo companies are just greedy and want you to pay the full 8 hour prom package when you only need 3. I'm hoping I can find something or I'll be walking up 202 in my wedding dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohh I didn't realize the prom package was 8 hours. That makes sense then, but I agree if you don't need a limo for 8 hours they should be able to offer you the shorter wedding package.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My company uses Joe's limo they are pretty awesome and their prices are so resonable. The drivers are nice too. if you need the number let me know
  • Options
    Kathy8684Kathy8684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call Platinum Executive Limo: (866) 546-6818  They are out of Monroe, and are fabulous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try travel limo in Pequannock.  www.travellimo.net They have been really reasonable for us.  I will say that although there limos are new and very nice they are standard lincoln stretch. I think they do  have a hummer though.  We are getting 2 10 passenger limos, 1 lincoln town car and shuttle to and from reception for our guests for less than $1400.  This also includes our transportation to the airport for our  honeymoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards