New Jersey
Options

"thank you note" help

Hey everybody!  So for all the knotties who have already been through this... my fiance and I are not having an engagement party.  However, this week, we received a couple of cards with checks in them.  This is a very unexpected to us, but a nice and generous gesture, especially since we are paying for the wedding ourselves, so the $$ will really go to use towards the wedding. I am writing thank you notes, which I am struggling with.  I always worry too much about saying the right thing.  For those of you that have a way with words, does anyone have any good language I can borrow from?   

Re: "thank you note" help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your generous gift.  It was so thoughful of you to send us a card for our engagement.  Know that your gift will help us immensely in having the wedding of our dreams. how's something like that?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good Chelsea.  I wrote things like that and "Your gift will be put toward ___ since that is our current project."  I always seemed to use the words "generous" and "thoughtful" and "appreciated".  Good buzz words for thank you's.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think I wrote something like, "Dear XXX, Thank you so much for the generous gift and for thinking of us during our engagement. We really appreciate your generosity. Our wedding is on April 10, so we look forward to seeing you then!"
  • Options
    leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies!  I like your suggestions.  I don't know why I agonize over these things...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like what cvl wrote. Ours was pretty generic. Thanks so much for coming to our party and celebrating with us. It was great seeing you. We really appreciate your generous gift, it will definitely be put to good use.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like what mbcdefg wrote, just I would switch out the first generous for something like thoughtful, bc you are using generous twice (generous/generosity, close enough). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards