New Jersey
Options

Bridal Shops in North NJ

Hi Ladies! Here's my dilemma. When I was visiting my parents in FL a few weeks ago, my mom and I decided to entertain ourselves on a rainy day by going dress shopping. I love one of the dresses I tried on, but since it was the very first one I tried on, and I only tried on a few more (that were terrible btw), I want to keep looking a little more here at home. Where do you recommend I shop? I would like to hopefully keep the dress at about $1,000 or less. Also, has anybody ever been to Russell Bridals in Linden? That's the only appt. I've made so far because I made a ton of calls, and its the only store in the area that carries the dress I looked at in FL, and I want to try it on again. TIA

Re: Bridal Shops in North NJ

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Park Avenue Bridal in Verona.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Russels is great and has great prices!
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what dress is it?i went to sandreen's in saddle brook...their dresses are around $1000 or so...that's about what i paid...but i'm not exactly sure what all the designers they carry are...i love it there! they're a little weird, but donna knows her stuff about what would look good on what body type....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Beach_BrideBeach_Bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine at Bridal Fantasy in Avenel (10 min away from Russells), prices are great and alterations are included in the cost. 
  • Options
    West0509West0509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs! The dress is Alfred Angelo Style #1151. Sandreen's is one of the places I called because its listed on the AA website as a retaier, but they don't carry that specific dress. I might try Russells and then Park Avenue to start. How many places did you visit before ordering your dress? I'm sure that varies, but I'm just curious.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I visited 3 salons ... at the first one I tried on about 3 dresses and then gave up, one salon was just to try on one dress, and I went to Park Avenue twice and tried on about 10 dresses each time. I also went to Group USA once.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i got mine at park avenue Bridal in Verona...but i did try on at Hollywood Bridal which is now located in Kenliworth...there dresses where in the price range you are looking for :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ha a great experience at Bijou Bridal in Paramus. I wound up buying my dress in the city, but I loved my Bijou consultant -- plus, it's a beautiful place.
  • Options
    West0509West0509 member
    edited December 2011
    These are all great, I'm adding them to my list! I've driven by Bijou and it looks like a really nice place, but do they have dresses in the $1000 price range?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Got my dress at Russell's -- they are so great and so helpful.  The dress alterations are included, and the WP gets a discount on their attire if they order there b/c you purchased your dress through them.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they carry stuff in every price range..... (Bijou that is... thats where I got my dress!) I would also try affordable elegance.... They had some really nice stuff and great prices.
  • Options
    West0509West0509 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress from Bijou- I had a great experience there. The consultants were great!They have dresses in all price ranges, mine was $1200 I think. I knew what I wanted before I went there, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards