New Jersey
Options

Long time no see...MG needs help

Hello ladies, I know it has been awhile since I posted, but as you all know, life gets in the way sometimes.  My sister just got engaged and wants to get married 10.10.10   She and her fiance want a very atypical wedding site, where they could do family style serving for about 100 guests.  Can anyone suggest a place? We looked at wineries (none available), but I am running out of ideas.  They do not want a traditional site and they live out of state and I am doing the legwork for them.Thank you!
imageimage My special EA/TEF fighter! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image

Re: Long time no see...MG needs help

• Options
    DiorAndKissesDiorAndKisses member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Marisa,Congrats to your sister!  I'm Amanda...and I'm kinda new here.  Do you have a price range she's looking to meet, and a general area she'd like to stay in?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about prices, but there is a new winery in New Egypt, Laurita Winery, which is gorgeous. Not sure if she had already checked that
  • Options
    SotiSoti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to see a place on LBI that served everything family style - I am drawing a blank on the name right now - Boat something...I'll think of it...Overall we were very impressed with it - just wasn't what we were looking for; but they offered a lot for a very reasonable price and the owner was great all around.  I can't remember his name either.Sorry - I guess I'm not helping much.  It was the only venue I've seen that served everything family style, though.  We really liked that option since the food was plentiful.
  • Options
    melmabellemelmabelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i just heard of a friend's friend that is getting married at Monmouth Park Racetrack (horses not cars) but not sure how it works. She could also check out shore rentals for a big beautiful house in a nice setting, not sure how many people she is looking to have. I'd also try museums or art galleries in your area.
  • Options
    SotiSoti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Found it - Boat House in Beach Haven: http://www.boathouselbi.com/s2/gallery/index.htmHope this helps!
  • Options
    maronesamaronesa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much!!  :)
    imageimage My special EA/TEF fighter! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rats in the Hamilton area is beautiful and definitely not typical, but expensive. I got married at a pretty estate called Pleasantdale Chateau, which was someone's home years ago. She might be able to book the Music Room - the ballroom is too big for 100 people. I also like Matisse on the Beach in Belmar. You could probably get the whole place which would suit 100 people very well. She would also save a ton on liquor since they are a BYOB. They do have a pretty bar in the restaurant. Good luck to you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh - also check out Pier Village in Long Branch, which is on the beach. The restaurant Avenue does weddings on their second floor - gorgeous!
  • Options
    maronesamaronesa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Bliss!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards