New Jersey
Options

It's true what they say re: MW, edgewater

The customer service at Mens Wearhouse in Edgewater sucks bad. Should have known better but it's just so close to us and we only wanted to look. The attitudes that these girls had was ridiculous. Surprisingly they were actually more pleasant when we started giving them attitude back. We really just wanted to try on a couple of different styles to see what we liked and figure out if it was a better option for us to rent or buy a tux. We were able to get what we wanted out of the trip so it wasn't a complete waste of time, but I would never ever give them business.

Re: It's true what they say re: MW, edgewater

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes they are horrid.  I had to get on the phone twice and yell at them for messing up our order so badly.  Luckily day of pickup it was fine but would not give them any business.  Should have done the one in Paramus everyone likes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A thousand thank-you's for posting this (and commenting as well). It's the closest one to us so we were going in October-ish but I think we'll just use them for dropping off what we get elsewhere. If Paramus is good enough for the NNJ Knotties it's good enough for me. Though we may hit the one in the city on 6th Ave for a central location for all the men in BP.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did not like the one in Freehold -we wound up at Coleman in the Short Hills area - my hubby got a Calvin Klein tux that he loved and it was reasonable for the bridal party as well. They delivered and picked up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed!  We went there to place the order and we waited 45 minutes before someone helped us and it was in the middle of the week.  I was ready to walk out but FI wanted to stay.FI went there to get fitted last Wednesday and the lady helping him gave him a big attitude.  He would ask her if the jacket that they gave him to try on looked okay and her response was an icy, "Well, I dunno .. I guess." 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Totowa and didn't have a problem. We had out of state groomsmen, and it worked out fine for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dante Zellers in Teaneck was a much better experience.  The manager treated Steven really well.  Steven was concerned the wool tux pants might make him itch (he can't get near a wool sweater).  They actually allowed him to borrow and take home a pair to try out.  I thought that was extremely nice and it gave DH peace of mind.I know of too many horror stories regarding MW.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards