New Jersey
Options

Poll: what would you say was the most

romantic thing your FI/DH/DW has ever done for you? Was it out of character for them to do?MY husband made a photo montage of us for our first dance with the music of our first dance playing with it and  his friend editted it and put it on youtube...the first time I saw it it made me cry because I just never expected anything like that from him.
Hold On ....Michael Buble
MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker
Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
BFP #4 5/8/11
BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7

Re: Poll: what would you say was the most

• Options
    kathymariekathymarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MH isnt into biggies like that... he is more about the little things--greeting me in the morning with coffee exactly the way I like it, waking up at 5:30 am with me on my work days to make me whatever breakfast I want & pack my lunch... leaving a glass of wine on the counter for me to "find"... he really loves taking care of me.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha the day he proposed, I must say everything was so out of character for him it was so shocking.FI doesn't cook, he lived on his own way before we met and never cooked anything but frozen pizzas and lean cuisines.I was at my sisters helping her with my niece for the week of valentines day, and on valentines day I was coming home, he took off of work (he worked nights) and cooked me dinner, he made stir fry and even used real (not frozen) veggies that he cut, real (not 1 minute) rice, cut the steak himself, sauce from scratch too.  Put it on a plate and even covered it so it wouldn't get cold while I was running late from work.All of it was a surprise, from the GIANT flowers in the morning at work, to the dinner (that I said to a coworker when she suggested he was going to cook dinner for me that I would fall down the stairs)  to the "I have to get dessert" comment when he was going to propose.Oh and V-day was perfect for our engagement because I am not a vday person and NEVER thought it would be that day lol.Sorry long...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awwwww Kathy thats very sweet though I like the little things...Cheryl I would fallen out of my chair..lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and by the way mine was very out of character for him he is a big joker and very rarely serious
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    kathymariekathymarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he also puts little notes in my lunch box too--funny things like, "you gots a nice rack" and sweet ones too.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awww I love that!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ohhh and Kathy btw you do gots a nice rack;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL Kathy thats classic, FI does things like that, he'll have my wine ready when I get home from work (if he beats me home) or pick me up a giardelli (sp) dark chocolate with caramel bar when he knows I'm having an especially bad day.  He also never has to ask when I need wine, he just always picks it up .
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ummm Cheryl dont you always need wine?????
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    (as she literally takes a sip of wine) me noooo I don't drink wine that often.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ohh you have to rub that in and make me jealous:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well then come on and get prego so you can drink again...get off the knot :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHA well first of all I am at work right now..lol..secondly  I am trying lady!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL I know Jen, I'm just messing :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I came home from work the other day and FI had been off. He had our brand new mattress delivered and all set up on a new cast iron canopy frame. I wasn't so much shocked about the mattress bc we had been talking about getting a bigger one and putting ours in the guest room, but he picked out sheets and a new comforter and made the bed all nice. I was shocked. Maybe it wasn't romantic, but very much out of character lolhaha nice rack Kathy. That's sweet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love ya!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh and as I'm sitting here trying to register us online he tells me we can't register for linens bc he just bought them. I mean, everyone needs a second set. We're not allowed to register for luggage he said either. hmm. We'll see.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they say you should have 3 sets of linens, or 2, I dunno I registered for 2 because I only have 2 sets that can actually be used without me being disgusted by them lol. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    he folded about 100 (maybe more) paper turtles which are considered good luck in korean culture. going out of his way to get me a shirt I couldn't find in my size (both of these were before engagement)
  • Options
    yankees320yankees320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine's a kind of long story... We moved into our new house about 3 weeks before our wedding. It was chaotic trying to move things, paint, unpack, etc while juggling all of the wedding tasks. The weekend before the wedding, I went away for my bach. party leaving the house a half-painted, half unpacked disaster and feeling very uneasy about it. The morning I was due to come home, I get a call at 8:30 from MH telling me to please let him know when I was almost home because he was planning to walk around in his underwear until then. (I was bringing 2 of my BMs w/ me.) This is very out-of-character for him. Later, when I called him to let him know I was almost home, he said ok, he was at the bar, and to apologize to the girls for the house being a mess. He said he had the boys over last night and didn't get a chance to clean up. I was angry and stressed again, so I yelled at him for being inconsiderate. When I walked in our front door, I immediately noticed MH had unpacked all of the living room furniture- still in plastic because we hadn't finished painting. Then, I saw he had painted the entire two-story living room flawlessly, unpacked the other furniture, CLEANED, bought a grill, installed a new dishwasher, set up our patio set, set up the entire guest room (even bought linens!) When I walked into our bedroom, and saw he had made our bed (he NEVER does this) I cried. The whole underwear/house is a mess was all a ruse. He also got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a handwritten card saying how he wanted me to have the kind of house I deserve and couldn't wait to marry me. He only slept 6 hours the whole weekend to get everything done. I told him he will never be able to top that one :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww Jenn how cute is he!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    eh, my FI isn't really romantic. Doesn't send me flowers, doesn't have wine waiting for me, doesn't make me romantic dinners. But I have to say, I love him just the way he is.  Sure I'd like a romantic gesture here and there, but I guess I'm over expecting that. I guess when we dance (slow at weddings or something) he gets this cute romantic look on him. haha pathetic attempt for something romantic, sorry.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awe Jen, so cute!Chelsea, FI isn't romantic normally, I mean not "over the top" but I agree with you, my one really romantic time was our proposal and I think he was as a scared little puppy then.  FI gives me a look when he's dancing with me too, and let me tell you IT IS NOT A PATHETIC ATTEMPT! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cheryl, I didn't mean his look was pathetic...i meant me telling you girls that his look is romantic was my "pathetic" attempt to make him sound romantic. lol
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI proposed on Mother's day at my mom's grave so she could be there with me. It was my 1st mother's day without her and was not looking forward to it. I didn't even want him to come with me but thankfully I did. So thoughtful, and so sweet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Chels you and I are not on the same page today, we always agree! :)I wasn't saying his look was pathetic, I was saying it ref to you saying it was a pathetic attempt at romance LOLOff day for us much? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha I guess so.  I saw that because it looks cheesy. Sometimes it makes me giggle how in "7th heaven" he looks.  He also sways his hips ALOTTTT!!!  My romantic story has now turned into me making fun of Mike. haha....why we're perfect for eachother! oh wait I though of one....he proposed in front of my mom and stepdad b/c he knows how close I am with them and really wanted them to be there. That's romantic.  He put my ring in my sangria glass and I found it once I finished it all up.  He really wanted to do it when we were on vacation and come up from scuba diving being like "look what I found", but my Stepdad wasn't able to go with us and he knew he really wanted to be there.  So he didn't wait and did it the weekend my parents brought up the ring. Yay, he's romantic a little bit. haha
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, Chels, me and Dan are so unromantic, sometimes I get mad at him (when I hear stories at work like my friend who has wed date night at different places he surprises her all the time) but I long for the evenings (not tonight obviously) that I can just lay next to him watching a TV show we both love, or arguing over american idol, that to me is romantic! :)Oh and dancing, I tell him to swing me out and curl me back in type thing and he gets so confused i wind up half across the dance floor because he flung me and let go of my hand :)I love your engagment story, mine was dessert yours was drink :)
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    proposal was pretty romantic- here is this man who I wake up to every morning who drove like 24 hours straight to propose to me. I was totally shocked. FI is usually really laid back but when he goes for it, he goes big! I like to think back when we first started dating.. he was SOOO broke but that made the things he did for me seem that much more special! Our first date was at applebees and he saved all his money so he could take me out... and a month later his cell phone got turned off cause he didn't pay the bill! LOL! Then for our first valentine's day he took the bus to the mall to buy me a build a bear- that just makes me laugh cause here is this grown man on a bus with a build-a-bear box!
  • Options
    eMiLee920eMiLee920 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was several years ago; we were both still in school.  He's a computer programmer and he was testing a program for a class assignment.  He tweaked it so when I opened it to "test" it for him, instead of the class assignment was a short little "poem" and a bunch of "I love you"s.  It wasn't much, but it was cute and made me smile.
    My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards