New Jersey
Options

Did you tip your makeup & hair people that came to your house?

Question: if the hair and make-up people that you are using are freelance and do not work for a company or salon, etc, do you tip them? My mom asked me and I wasn't sure what the protocol is.

Re: Did you tip your makeup & hair people that came to your house?

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I probably will not. If I do it's not something I am going to plan on. I'll see how satisfied I am.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    itsme32985itsme32985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't plan on it, they both own the company.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kimmyf15kimmyf15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah, it's really expensive and my mom wants to pay...so I feel bad about that as it is and I don't want her paying an extra 20% on top of it. I tipped at the trial but it was at a store. I'm not sure if that matters or not....Maybe I can slip her the tip on the side if need be.
  • Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As being a hairdresser myself, I would be a little upset/offended if I did not recieve a tip for traveling. It doesn't have to be much like $10- $20. I still don't understand why people dont tip for a service. Maybe because I am in that industry and it is hard for people to understand that with this kind of work people rely on tips. Sorry if that upsets anyone
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also tipped.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tipped both about 10% of total services.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes. I told my BMs to tip at their discretion - most gave 10-15%, I gave 20% of what they charged me and a little extra as well because I was really pleased with both of them.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, i did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to tip. Amerz, I think people tend to go by the "rules" of tipping even with hair/makeup people and not to tip if they own the business.  I'm tipping my makeup and hair person no matter what they own or don't own because they are coming to me.  They are really the only people that I will tip "against" rules.  I hate when people don't tip in salons too LOL.
  • Options
    Amerz20Amerz20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a family of four yesterday that all came to get their hair done. They came me $4 as a tip. Really?? I don't get how people think tipping $4 for 4 people is ok. Especially since their bill came to about $150. That's what gets me so futrated. I also got stiffed yesterday by a man and his son. So basically I made .66 on 6 people lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tip owner or not.
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am not tipping my makeup person, she is pretty pricey, i already paid for a trial, and she lives 15 min from my parents house....i am on the fence about tipping the hairstylist, but will def tip her assistant
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I didn't tip the makeup or hair people. Makeup person was my officiant as well, so she made a good amount of $$ off the day - plus 3 extra people ended up getting makeup that weren't in the contract so I felt like she made a good amount of cash. Hair people charged me $60 travel fee + $60/each girl and then ended up getting an extra $35 from my aunt who last minute decided on a blowout, so there was no way I was tipping them on top of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards