New Jersey
Options

Big Family, Small Money

Hello all!  My fiance Paul and I would like to have our reception in a quirky or historic hall somewhere in central NJ or eastern PA. However, so far I'm finding that character comes with a high pricetag and may not be able to accomodate our party of 150+.  Any suggestions??  -Ashly :)

Re: Big Family, Small Money

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What do you consider a high price tag?
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi.  I have no idea how many it holds have you tried Holly Hedge? I went to a beautiful wedding there..
  • Options
    SotiSoti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Aldie Mansion in Bucks Co, PA (Doylestown).  It's a historic site with a lot of character.  I absolutely love the grounds and you get the entire mansion to yourself.  The main ballroom can hold 180.  Resonable is realtive but I think that they are about average.  I forget exactly what the rental fee is - I think it is something like $2500.  Catering starts at about $100pp and goes up to about $150pp depending on the menu.  This does not inlclude alcohol, they say to add about $10pp there.GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We need some more information to help:What is your PP?  Does that include tax & tip?What month?What day of the week?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and she's gone...posts and runs are annoying.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Bank Street Annex in Easton, PA is cute. I'm pretty sure their prices are less than $100/pp. Only downside is the building right next door is under construction but depending on when your wedding is...it may be finished. Its a historical building that was redone and its surprisingly really nice inside (deceiving from the outer appearance)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Bank Street Annex in Easton, PA We had one of sorority date parties there....ahh memories!
  • Options
    Whammy13Whammy13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi all - sorry, had a busy day at work - thanks for the replies. :) I would like to keep our price tag as LOW as humanly possible (as close to $100 as I can). Paul is in the navy and I'm a grad school intern - both paid, but not well, so our budget is pretty tight. And I really don't even need a traditional "wedding reception" - we just want somewhere to have a great party that will FIT everybody.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you go offseason on a Friday, Saturday during the day, or a Sunday you'll get a much better price.Is the $100 including tax & tip?
  • Options
    Whammy13Whammy13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Preferrably, but I realize that I'm dealing with NJ, so I have to be realistic and consider that it won't. Actually was looking at some wineries last night, which are less formal but still kinda cool. Any thoughts? By the by, I live in Virginia now, am working full time and writing my master's thesis, so this is very helpful - thank you all! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards