New Jersey
Options

This sucks :(

We were supposed to start puppy class today. A neighbor who H plays with invited us to go with them. Just tried giving him the motion sickness pills (even crushed them in peanut butter) and we refuses to eat it. He's already doing the drool thing before a car ride so we can't go because I know he will throw up. I don't we'll ever get him in a car :(

Re: This sucks :(

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally stinks!!  Maybe if you get him there and he has a blast he will forever love your car??
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no, that stinks!  Did you try cold cuts?  Our pups will eat anything wrapped in turkey.
  • Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't give him table food other than peanut butter and he will do anything for PB!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tend to wrap pills in cheese when I have to give them to my dogs. but if you don't want to give him table food, then that's tough. I'm sorry Irene, that's disappointing.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    you can't reply on thoses pills forever anyway irene... if it was me, id slowly start taking him on very short trips.  just put him in the car.  then drive around the block.  then to the deli.  then around town... he'll grow out of it, no???
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    or well, it sucks, but let him throw up.  get it out of his system.  it could just be a nervous mechinism, esp. if he is drooling before you're even in the car?  it's just nerves, not his stomach.  go for it, let him throw up, and continue on with your routine.  keep doing it. he'll stop.
  • Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we'll start the short car rides. I'm feeling defeated right now and have a very bad attitude. Another $120 down the toilet and Phizer sucks for making them the size of horse pills. Just called them to give them a piece of my mind. Going to the fridge to pour a BIG glass of wine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sell them to the college kids... haha kidding
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of FI's parent's dogs is like this.  He hasnt grown out of it, but it only happens between 30-60 mins into the trip.  If it is a short ride (10 mins) it wont happen and it never happens after the first hour.  He usually only throws up once.
  • Options
    aquagurl612aquagurl612 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Allie, our pup Emma used to throw up in the car all the time when she was little, we just kept taking her, cleaning up and going on our way. Now anytime you open a car door she tries to go with you. It is so cute. But he has to know it is safe to go, and that he will go even if he gets sick.
  • Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Allie that was funny! If mh and I were doing this together today we would just go. I'm going in said neighbors car and it's an Audi and I would be mortified if he threw up in her car. I can't go alone with him because someone needs to be sitting with him and I can't drive and have him throw up all over her and her pup. Feeling sorry for myself much?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    they need those plastic bubble balls for dogs like hamsters... let him just throw up on himself.  bet he won't do that again ;)  kidding!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    can you have them go in your car with you?  Have her drive your car if you feel comfortable with that so you can sit with him?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chels I didn't think of that and I already cancelled with her. That's okay, I'll have more than my half glass of vino tonight. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is what I do but I have a small dog... I crush the pill with the back of a spoon and then I put the broken pieces on the spoon...I then open my dogs mouth and just shove the powder/broken pieces in his mouth....and being his mouth is wet with saliva it sticks and he ends up swallowing it....always works
    image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards