New Jersey
Options

Parent song & ceremony music/ recessional recommendations

I have my final meeting with the DJ tomorrow (we are having live music at the ceremony) and I am having trouble figuring out parent songs as well as ceremony music for the recessional. We don't want to do a traditional song for the recessional- any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Parent song & ceremony music/ recessional recommendations

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If we weren't marrying in a church, I would want to use Pete Townshend's "Let My Love Open the Door" as the recessional song. A lot of people also like Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" or that oldies song "L-O-V-E" ("Love was made for me and you"). Maybe Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me To the Moon" or "You Make Me Feel So Young." Or "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles.
  • Options
    kimmyf15kimmyf15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg, fiance and I LOVE that pete townsend song--good call. We are not getting married in church, however, we are having 2 musicians: one playing the flute and the other a keyboard so not sure if they would be able to pull that off but I'll definately ask. thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    zippidy doo dah
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the recessional we did the intrumental version of Bittersweet Symphony
  • Options
    kimmyf15kimmyf15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's a great idea. We aren't having any strings although I've heard that song in a bunch of different ways so maybe it can work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's nice and upbeat sounding. Plus I just really liked it lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards