North Carolina
Options

Chicken Salad Recipe Help

I know it's past time for everyone to go home for the day and I should have posted this earlier. I'll try anyway though.

We're going to the beach tomorrow with some friends and we're packing our lunch. We'll have a cooler so keeping it cool isn't a problem. I have a ton of chicken (HT had it buy 1 pack get 2 free!) so I was thinking about making chicken salad. I want to make a low fat version so I definitely don't want a ton of mayo in it. I've read some recipes with plain yogurt but this just doesn't sound appetizing to me. Has anyone tried this? Is it ok? Feel free to share any other recipes! TIA!

Re: Chicken Salad Recipe Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any recipes off hand, but I've had some with grapes in it and it was yummy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From Weight Watchers

3/4 pound(s) cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces   
      1/2 cup(s) celery, finely diced   
      1/3 cup(s) dill pickle(s), or sweet gherkins, finely diced 

1/4 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise   
      2 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream   
      2 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped   
      1 tsp Dijon mustard   
      1 tsp fresh lemon juice   
      1/2 tsp table salt   
      1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground   

Unfortunately, I can't testify since I hate mayo!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you use equal amounts of mayo and plain yogurt, you can't tell it's yogurt in the chicken salad.  I do this all the time here in Japan because I don't like the taste of the mayo here.

I always put some curry powder in my chicken salad, as well as red grapes and walnuts.  Yummy!

Incidentally, since living in Japan I've also learned that if you use thick plain yogurt instead of sour cream when making ranch dip, etc, you can't tell it's not sour cream.  Easy way to cut calories :)
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had chicken salad with fat free sour cream and light mayo, it was pretty good. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards