North Carolina

Would it be inappropriate?

Would it be inappropriate if I let my wedding party sit along side of me and my fiance at the ceremony?
It will be outdoors in Raleigh in September 2012 and we all know Raleigh is still hot in September! I'll have a few readings too so I don't want to make them stand the whole time in the heat?
Suggestions?

Amor est vitae essential?

Re: Would it be inappropriate?

• Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they would be thrilled to be able to sit, and there is nothing inappropriate about it!
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard of this and really liked the idea!! I've been a bridesmaid a few times and my legs/feet/back were hurting SO BAD after standing up there (basically in one position, without moving) in heels for so long.  Of course, I didn't actually do that at my wedding.  I had 2 on my side and he had 2 on his side and we all just stood.  But I think if you had a bigger group, it would look cool for them to be sitting.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Nope, and I've seen it done before in a church and looked fine ;o) I think its great you're thinking ahead and being curtious to what your wedding party might  be having to go through (standing up a while). Very sweet of you!

Double Bonus. . .even more attention and focus will be on you and your FI!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    That's very nice, and I think it will look fine.  We kept our ceremony really short because we knew it was so hot.  BM and GM appreciate that sort of thing!
  • CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PLEASE have them sit! Not inappropriate at all! The wedding where I met FI, he was a groomsmen and actually caught one of the other groomsmen who fainted due to heat + standing. It worked out (and I found a man who's good in a crisis! He carried said groomsman outside the church so the bride wouldn't be alarmed by what was going on, swoon...) but I would suggest letting them sit, definitely. :)

Good thinking on your part!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great idea to me, too.  And that is very considerate of you!!!  I'm sure your party will thank you in the end!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    i say go for it! i went to a wedding a few weeks ago, and all sat during the ceremony! actually, the one I went to, the bride and groom sat at/on the altar area, while the WP sat with the parents and grandparents in the first row of seats. the did not sit until the rest of the attendees sat...i think after the father gave away the bride?

as someone who does not do well in heat...i'm nervous about standing through my ceremony! i get lightheaded easily, haha.
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards