New Jersey
Options

repost: reception hunt!

So about to begin the hunt for a place to have our reception. I was engaged 4 years ago and it didn't work out (thankfully early in the engagement!) so I have an idea of what I like already since I've kinda been down this road already. Just looking for some feedback on some of the places my fiance and I have browsed at in magazines. Concerned about atmosphere, cost and of course tastiness of food!! I travel pretty much 5 days a week for work so I am really limited to visiting sites on Saturdays so I would love some advice from some of you. We would like to do a Friday night wedding in the fall of 2010....let me know if you have visited or attended a wedding at any of these places and what you thought! Not too many of my friends are married so they aren't much help! thank you thank you!!Liberty House in Jersey CityMadison Hotel in MorristownStone House in WarrenNewark Club Grand Summit HotelShort Hills HiltonWe will probably have about 150-175 guest.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: repost: reception hunt!

• Options
    MisoHappyMisoHappy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only been to the Liberty House out of all those choices. View was phenomenal and the food was average.
  • Options
    Deener713Deener713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Meadow Wood Manor in Randolph. I got married on a Friday in March. They put on an amazing wedding for me and the food was great. You should definately check it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had her reception at the Newark Club. The view is awesome and the atmosphere very modern. The people that work there were very nice- we helped her set up her DIY centerpeices before hand and these two employees helped us even though they didn't have to. The cook was good from what I remember- oh and the bananas foster mmmmmm...
  • Options
    Heater020780Heater020780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved the Liberty House....great food and great atmosphere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Miso on the Liberty House.I had my wedding at the Newark Club for the reasons Jamie stated.  We wanted modern, and kind of urban.  I've been there for other functions, and have always liked it.Some people may complain because of the area, but to me it's pretty safe there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    --Liberty House in Jersey City - never been --Madison Hotel in Morristown - nice but NMS --Stone House in Warren - IMO this place is amazing, its modern yet rustic and classic all in one...I personally think this is the best of your choices listed here (never been to a wedding but have eaten there for dinner and the food is phenomenal) --Newark Club - never been --Grand Summit Hotel - never been either but have heard good reviews from people I work with --Short Hills Hilton - been to a wedding here, attended a couple bridal shows, not all that imo - you have so many better places to choose from this wouldn't be one of my top 10 at all Check out the Palace at Somerset Park Imperia in New Brunswick (page Seabass she's getting married there) Nanina's in the park Il Tulipano
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is at the Morristown Hyatt next June. The hotel is beautiful, they just finished remodeling the whole thing and the food was really good.They were also willing to work within our budget and I'm sure that the wedding will be great!
  • Options
    ladybabsladybabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in about 2 weeks and reception is at The Madison Hotel. So far they have been great to deal with. I will post reviews after. Looked at the Grand Summit too, but thought the Madison was much nicer
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Grand Summit, Jimmy is great. Fell in love with the idea of the hotel, the character, the history and the big ballroom. We liked Madison Hotel too, but menu didnt include as much as Summits did without paying extra and the glass room was pretty but too small for 150 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards