Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony Slideshow

My reception hall is fairly small and is not set up for having a slideshow. However, I've always loved the idea of having one. I thought about having a "mini" slideshow during the ceremony. I'm not sure when would be a good time to incorporate it though. I thought that instead of having someone sing during the lighting of the unity candle, that I could just play the slideshow. I'm still up in the air about it....any suggestions at all??? Please!

Re: Ceremony Slideshow

• Options
    I'd just put a slide show on a laptop and play it during the reception.  Put the laptop in a corner of the room somewhere and people can wander over to see it if they want to.I'm not a fan of essentially forcing people to watch slideshows which is what happens when you play it during your ceremony.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I'm really not a fan of having a slideshow playing during the unity candle. It's not background in the same way that music is; it's dividing guests' attention, so they don't quite know where to look. It ends up being really distracting and kind of headache-inducing. Save the slideshow for the reception. If it really won't work there and you're dead set on having one, try the rehearsal dinner.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    We are playing a slide show during our ceremony instead of a unity candle or sand ceremony. I really wanted my aunt to play/sing a song so that will be playing while she does.  
  • Options
    How about playing it in the time leading up to the ceremony, while the guests are arriving and taking their seats. Most people arrive at a wedding 15-30 minutes early. You could make it 10 minutes and start it at 10 til. You could time it to end just as parents are getting seated. Then you could put it on a laptop or a portable DVD player at the reception for anyone that would like to see it again or that missed it.
  • Options
    I think it is important for people to be in the moment with you when you are saying your vowels. If you have that going people will probably be watching it and don't you want to be the center of their attention. I think a slideshow would be good for a cocktail hour which is what we are doing. In this case they don't have to watch it if they don't want to, but I think most people will be interested. : )
  • Options
    Yes, you definitely need your vowels when you're saying your vows.  Otherwise it's all consonants and you'll be spitting a lot.I think Leah has a great idea; waiting for the ceremony to begin can be kind of boring, and the slideshow would be a great distraction.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards