New Jersey
Options

4" flip flops???

my dress is long cannot be hemmed because of the lace detailing (I should have been custom measured hallow to hem). My shoes are 4 1/4" high.  I'm not sure how long I'm going to last in them, so I'd like to get flip flops as back up.... but those would need to be  4" high too!  Anyone come across these?  Seems to be slim pickings on the internet.  TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4" flip flops???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The best is the 3inch Rocketdog. I also had major lace detailing and tho my seamstress yelled at me she was able to shorten the dress.
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    http://www.mydivascloset.com/adfl.htmlThey have alot of options....sometimes Victorias Secret has thick wedge flipflops too...
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would think flip flops that high would be somewhat hard to walk in (and to dance in... it is hard to dance gracefully in flip flops anyway)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend got really tall flip flops for her wedding. They didn't look at that more comfortable than her regular shoes.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you think about, most people who switch to flats/flip flops don't match the heel height of their other shoes. It just means your dress hang an inch or two longer. At that point it's probably dirty on the bottom and it doesn't matter. I think it'd be really hard to dance in 4" flip flops. I would get lower ones.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh.... i don't know what to do now.  most of these flip flops are ugly and i was worried about falling out of them too.  but i just know i'm going to die in my 4 inch heels. i don't have many options left  how bout these?  they're 4 1/2" .... JUST KIDDING!!!http://www.snaz75.com/d-stomp-08.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your dress look like.  You can add some french bustling in spurts around the dress so that when your heels become unbearable you can raise the dress and wear flip flops. Personally I think at that point, it won't matter if you step on the dress or not.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my dress will have a french bustle, but i'm still worried about tripping on the front of the dress if i get a heel too low.these are the cutest things I could find:http://tinyurl.com/kr28fnplus VS has 25% off all shoes:  code SECRET25  (little PSA for you guys too, lol)I'm going to give them a try.  Thanks everyone for your suggestions!  If I hate these I'll just suck it up and pay the return shipping cost
  • Options
    dianenjnjdianenjnj member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    y Sign out Site Map Categories Motors Stores Daily Deal Advanced Search Buy Sell My eBay Community Help Antiques Crafts Pottery & Glass Art DVDs & Movies Real Estate Baby Dolls & Bears Specialty Services Books Electronics Sporting Goods Business & Industrial Entertainment Memorabilia Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop Cameras & Photo Gift Certificates Stamps Cars, Boats, Vehicles & Parts Health & Beauty Tickets Cell Phones & PDAs Home & Garden Toys & Hobbies Clothing, Shoes & Accessories Jewelry & Watches Travel Coins & Paper Money Music Video Games Collectibles Musical Instruments Everything Else Computers & Networking Pet Supplies   ##1## ##2## Back to Search Results  |  Listed in category: Clothing, Shoes & Accessories > Women's Shoes We're working to make eBay easier to use. View our tutorial|Send us your comments Watch this item You have reached your maximum watch list limit of 200 items. Please remove some items from your watch list in My eBay if you want to add more. Save this seller|Track your items in My eBay Please wait Image not available Enlarge Swarovski Crystal Satin Ivory Bridal Flip Flop sz. 8/9 Off White Ivory Wedge Sandals~ Wedding Gift for Bride Item condition: New: Without Box Quantity: 4 available Please enter a quantity of $quantity$ or less Please enter a quantity of 1 Price: US $39.99 Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now You can also: Watch this item Now watching in My eBay Now watching in My eBay Shipping: $8.60US Postal Service Priority MailSee more services See discounts  |  See all details Estimated delivery time varies. USPS delivers within 2-3 days after seller ships item Coverage: Pay with and your full purchase price is covered | See terms   Seller info teeoldham ( 2898)  99.4% Ask a question See other items Visit store: Designer Boutique Other item info Item number: 260278709986 Item location: Newburgh, Indiana, United States Ships to: United States Payments: PayPal, Visa/MasterCard, Amex, Discover See details History: 2 sold SharePrintReport item   Description   Shipping and payments Last updated on 01:09:37 AM PDT, Sep 23, 2008 View all revisions Item specifics - Women's Shoes US Size: 8/9 Style: Sandals Width: Medium (B, M)   Thongs, Flops Heel Height: Med (1 3/4" to 2 3/4") Main Color: Ivory Condition: New: Without Box  ou can check this out on e bay.  i've ordered them but have not yet received them...so far it has been two weeks.  i'll let you know whether i recommend this seller in a day or two(hopefully).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They aren't high (I think her highest are 2") but you might want to look at Jamiekreitman.com She carries flip flops with embellishments.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can she bring it in from the middle?  My seamstress told me she can do either hem or middle the middle costs more with my seamstress.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think that would be possible... figured it would ruin the detailing b/c the whole dress is lace overlay. It's Casablanca 1918, but the official Casablaca pic doesn't do the dress justice. I have an appt on Oct 1st so I'll ask if that's possible.... doubt it now b/c the seamstress probably already made my bustle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards