New Jersey
Options

Need Advice: B-list (should I or shouldn't I)

first, TIA to all who read and can help.i originally sent out invites for 120 for my reception.  i need a minimum of 100, but all my responses are due next week, and I am teetering on meeting the minimum.  FI is NOT a fan of the B-list.  his thoughts are whoever we get we get, and just eat the difference.  we did have 20 more people we would like to have but with a little more than a month to go.  should I bother?  again thanks.

Re: Need Advice: B-list (should I or shouldn't I)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of B-list invitations. With that said I'm also not a fan of throwing money down the drain. If you're not going to meet your minimum and you have friends that you *know* wouldn't care that they got a last minute invite then I say send them an invite ASAP.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto what seabass said
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a B list. The venue holds 210, our guest list is 250. So we made the first 224 the As, and the others the Bs. We suspect we'll get enough nos to invite everyone.I say go for it. And FTR, I got an invite from FI's cousin about a month before the wedding, and we were A list (we know this from the groom's mom, who kept telling us the invite was on its way.) So I think the timing is OK.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you invite singles with guests? Did you invite children? Coworkers? If not, and you don't mind going this route, you could have your single friends bring dates or people bring their kids (personally, I'd go for the former!). Also, do you have married siblings? Are you close to their ILs? Would they come? What about non-family member bridal party members? Are you close to their parents and/or siblings?
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would send the invites. I HATE to waste money.... Only waste it if you absolutley have to have to.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'd either do that, or do what PPs said and invite people that wouldn't mind knowing you need to fill spots. Like random dates, or siblings' friends who otherwise wouldn't be invited.   Or do a Knottie table.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The reason I made those suggestions is that would avoid having to send out an invitation. I wouldn't feel odd if I called up my friend Susie and told her that we were trying to keep our wedding intimate and were concerned about our minimum but now it isn't a concern and if she wants to bring the guy Jason she's been seeing, it's ok and to let me know his last name for the place card. KWIM?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not a fan of the B list. Have you also considered vendors you will have to feed (photogrpahers, dj/band, video guy)What would happen if most of your outstanding responses are yeses and then you have the B-listers as well?  Will that be a financial concern?  I thought most of my last minuters would be a no, but yesterday we recevied 15 yeses and only 2 nos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am indifferent to B-lists, but I would not pay for empty seats, so I would wait til 95% of the responses are in and then if you are below, go for it
  • Options
    dnldjttdnldjtt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone.  i knew i could count on you for good advice and direction.  take care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards