New Jersey

Why do weddings?

Bring out the worst in people?I think this is more of a statement, but if anyone has a clue so maybe I could be less stressed please tell me.My close family (mom, sis, BIL) all talk things out, when someone says something we tell them how we feel.Between my issue with my brother and FMIL, I just can't take it anymore, I shake with anger and stress and cry over all of it. I know it sounds AW but christ almighty as of right now I want to tell everyone to ELOPE! (sure I'll change my tune after having my amazing wedding!)Statement/crazy person over :)

Re: Why do weddings?

• kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Cheryl I am so sorry you are going through this when it should be the happiest time in your life. I have to say though for some reason weddings do bring out the best in people. If its not the bride being bridezilla and thinking that its all about them. Its the families being the PITA and trying to make things hard when it really should not be like that at all. You know all us knotties are here for you!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Cheryl - that stinks you have to deal with crap. :o(You know where I am if you need to vent!!!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  FMIL just ticked me off today (again) but I did make my DJ laugh and might have gotten a discount with our gobo! :)
  • LarissaAnnLarissaAnn member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Six months later, we STILL tell people to elope... and we loved our wedding once it was the day of.
  • Kim84mKim84m member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I seriously wanted to elope and still wish I could. I love my fmil, and am doing the wedding for her because I know it would break her heart not to see her son get married. she knows it, and hasn't given me a bit of grief about anything. we are doing a very small wedding, immediate family only. and even though fmil is extremely close to her sisters, she hasn't said a word about them not being invited. my family on the other hand, is driving me up the wall. i dont understand why i have to feel guilty for not spending thousands and thousands of dollars on MY WEDDING.. my parents arent paying for it, but yet they think they have the right to dictate how everything should be. and it seems every time i turn around im pissing someone else off who isnt invited, or someone is making me feel like im a horrible person becuase I dont care about having centerpieces. i just want to get married, end of story. why does it have to be so complicated, and why does it make everyone ELSE feel entited to things? the only comfort i can really give you, is that you're not alone. surviving the wedding planning, is a major accomplishment in my opinion, that will make you stronger in the end. and at the end of the day, you will marry the man you want, and then you can go on your honeymoon WITHOUT everyone else, and enjoy the crap out of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards