New Jersey
Options

Video payment?

I sent my videographer a payment as scheduled last month and he still has not cashed the check. I now received an e-mail this evening, that the next payment is due. I'm a little hesitant to send the next payment since he hasn't even cashed the last one. In his e-mail, he said that I could pay by paypal via their website. Anyone else have vendors not cashing payments right away and then requesting the next one? I sent him an e-mail, waiting for a reply.
BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Video payment?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would wait for his reply before paying the 2nd payment personally. You have record of trying to contact him, so I would think your safe in terms of not paying it right away.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's what I was thinking, it's just weird that it's been a month and it hasn't been cashed. I guess all my other vendors cashed their checks right away and I'm trying to keep the finances in order :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha funny you mention that we paid the organist the night before the wedding he cashed the  check last week.....7 weeks later.. but I didnt owe him any other money after that
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Jen, now a month doesn't seem so bad compared  to your 7 weeks of waiting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I kept thinking did he lose it or did someone not give it to him and had to keep tell DH that money was not available in the account so dont touch it ...
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was worried that he never received it either, but he confirmed with me that he got is, so now I guess I just wait.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, that was quick. He just got back to me. He said that they normally hold the one payment until the second is received and then deposit them both. Not sure I totally get why, but at least I know now.
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely follow up with them a few more times before sending second payment.  If they're not too far away, visit them in person or make an appointment to meet in person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards