New Jersey
Options

Cookie Exchange Party

Anyone ever organize one?  Any suggestions?

Re: Cookie Exchange Party

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I go to one every year with some fellow teachers. What we do is we invite all of the teachers and give them a strict RSVP date. Once that date comes, we count how many of them are coming, communicate that number to everyone who will be there, and instruct each of them to bake 3-5 cookies for each person, bag them up, and include the recipe. It's lots of fun and very yummy!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No but gosh does this sound AWESOME! haha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes - A cookie swap. We did one a LONG time ago. Each person brings their recipe for one or two types of cookies and you make a batch of each. We would spread the different kinds out on the table/counter and each person would take 2-3 cookies each or leave the ones they didn't like or allergic, ie nuts etc. It's a lot of fun. We would make eggnog and hot coco and play holiday music.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it sounds like 3 or so cookies per person would be ok then?  I wasn't really sure how you knew how many cookies to tell everyone to bring. I have a lot of free time now that the wedding planning is over! lol.  Thought I'd maybe organize a cookie exchange/wine party
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm available whenever..:o)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol!  We should do a cookie exchange for the knottie GTG's!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Now that sounds like my kind of party. =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to do one at my old work, everyone got a dozen of each kind. But honestly I only really liked 2 or 3 of the cookies...most people suck at baking. ;) Plus I was dumb the first year and volunteered for a cook that was expensive to make while others pick ones that are easy to make a lot of inexpensively.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FSIL has one every year, I will miss it this year due to my HM.  I can tell you what she does but she always goes above and beyond. Everyone brings 3 dozen of their favorite home baked cookies (I have a recipe if you want that has gotten nothing but major raves that people stole it from me lol) She makes tons of apps and stuff. She then makes everyone email her their recipes before, and on the day of she gives out a booklet of all her app recipes as well as the cookies. I must say I have never made the cookies in the book, but I always use the app recipes they are the best (got my pizza dip recipe from there which is another great one) I am sad I will miss her party, but she's still going to give me the booklet! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooh that sounds great Cheryl! Maybe I can just go to her party instead of having one myself! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh  you can take my place! She's right in Middletown :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards