New Jersey

Sierra hotel bridewater nj

I have a block of 20 rooms at the Sierra hotel in bridgewater nj at a rate if $99 each. My step mom called to book her room and requested a room with double beds (she is rooming with a girl friend) and they told her the rate was $129. The rate published on their website for a room with double beds is $109.99. So I call an ask why they aren't getting the $99 rate and why they are being told prices higher than their published rates. I spoke the general manager who was a real douches bag and told me that double beds are more money and they could book the double bed at 109 but they can't ride the shuttle and they won't give them an OOT bag bc they won't b considered part of the wedding block. He then went on to tell me that the extra money was for the shuttle (which is listed on their website as a complimentery service).

Re: Sierra hotel bridewater nj

• edited December 2011
    Arrrgghhh hit post by accident. Anyway I'm f ing pissed right now!!! The guy would do anything about!! Anyone else have this problem??? If so how did you resolve it?
  • edited December 2011
    that is bull sh**.  Call Gretchen in the morning....she should be able to fix that for you.  I specifically asked about rooms with a double bed and she told me they would be under the same room rate as the rest of the block ($99).  And the shuttle IS complimentary....and the OOT, that is all you.  NOT them.  He can not refuse to give your guests them.
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    well i dont know about that one but the one in Parsippany has a complimentary shuttle so thats weird and I also believe the room rates we had were $99 for a king or studio room and $109 for a double
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • edited December 2011
    I said to him that we were providing the OOT bags to them not them and he told me, "well then you can give them to them, but we won't". Are you kidding me??? I did leave a message for Gretchen I can't wait to talk to her on Monday!
  • edited December 2011
    I never had that problem. They actually gave DH's aunt a room for $89, not $99, but she was also booking 2 rooms for 2 nights each and is in the hotel business so maybe she negotiated.Anyway, do call Gretchen. I am happy to hear she is still there.I had some trouble with people at the front desk, even when I asked to speak to a manager. The best person, IMO, to talk to is Gretchen. She will straighten things out the best she can, trust me.
  • edited December 2011
    that's crap.  we are using sierra suites in parsipanny and we have rooms blocked for all three catergories of rooms.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • las1977las1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my wedding is this weekend i had the same issue. the rates of the rooms without the shuttle are  $10 cheaper. the shuttle cost is built into the price of the room. i was told if they book it on line then they will not be able to use the shuttle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards