New Jersey
Options

Worried about programs--back up plan?

So I ordered my programs from a woman on Etsy.  It has been a little longer than I expected to get them so I sent her an email.  She told me her printer was not working so she went somewhere else to print and that printer was also not working so it is taking longer.  She said they will be ready this week...but part of me does not believe her.If I don't have them by Friday--should I start making my own as a back-up? (my wedding is Nov 14 and I am working up until Thursday-half day so not much free time) Would the easiest/fastest way to do this be the premade packs you can buy at staples?  Or should I just have faith that she will get them to me on time?

Re: Worried about programs--back up plan?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I would skip programs (unless you really think they are necessary)....definitely don't worry about them if she doesn't come through. I always take one but find them to be a waste from my experience and there is always a pile of them left over or scattered around the ceremony local.   I would only worry about getting my money back if she is a fraud.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I may be in the minority, but I love programs.  Especially in church when the cermony is a little longer - I like to be able to follow whta's going on. However, I wouldn't put yourself through the stress of making them (especially if she might actually come through).  It's not the end of the world if you don't have them.  Don't sweat the small stuff.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love programs, especially when in a church so I can follow what's going on.   What I did was buy paper, print out just a plain copy at home and handed it over to the copier place.  They were  printed and folded, in and out in 1 hour for under $20. 
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you can bang out something quick and cheap, I think it's fine to make your own as a backup.   If it's going to be stressful, just do without them if the Etsy person doesn't deliver them in time.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Tell her to go to Staples! Her printer isn't working? Ridiculous.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like programs, but in your situation my back-up would be no programs.  I'm sure you have too much to worry about already.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be sad if I don't get them, I really like programs and I specifically really liked MY programs. boo.Hopefully she will get them to me by this week and hopefully they do not look like crap.  I feel like now she is probably rushing and annoyed that is not working. UGH.fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards