New Jersey
Options

Tranporation:Help me sort this out.

Who goes in the limo? FI is getting ready at the hotel about 20 mins away from the church. I'm getting ready at my house about 3 minutes away from the church. One limo picks up the guys(FI plus 4), drops them off at the church. Same limo comes to pick me and the girls(Me plus 4 and 2 little ones) up from my house and drops us at the church. From the ceremony to the reception (12 of us) in the limo? Or do the parents come in the limo? Am I rude if I don't provide two? And what about the jr. bridesmaids, do their parents come in the limo? I'm thinking there's probably going to be some drinking going on.I'm flopping back and forth between doing the 16 passenger hummer or two 10 passenger stretch towncar limos.

Re: Tranporation:Help me sort this out.

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would ask your parents, and the kids' parents, what they want to do. Then go from there. I think FI will get ready at our place and I'll get ready at my parents' house (10 blocks away). The limo will pick up FI, FFIL, his Best Man and maybe my brother and take them to the church (15 minutes away), then come back for me, my folks, my sister and my friend/BM, maybe my grandma. After the ceremony, we got a specialty limo to take us and the wedding party for photos. My parents are going to host a hospitality hour in the church basement since we have a gap, and they said they will gladly drive themselves up to the reception hall. I asked them if they wanted me to rent a car service for them and they said it's not necessary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your specialty limo?
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The yellow checkered cab limo .. the one that *real deal* had. I think it seats 10-12 people, but we only have 4 attendants so we'll fit. FI said he wanted a "cool car" and so we were looking into classic cars, then goofy stuff like a rented Batmobile or the A-Team van or the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile (no joke, we were actually looking to see if these things could be rented). I saw real deal's reviews and went to the place's website, and he liked it a lot so I agreed to book it. But only for the 3 hours after the ceremony ended because 6 hours would've been too expensive, so I'm just looking for a plain limo to get us all to the church now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mbcdefg
    i am interested in booking a yellow stretch checker cab as well, but I can't seem to find "The Real Deal" by searching for them on google.  Do you know their website address or phone number?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My parents didn't come in the limo. I did just the bridal party.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would probably just send the young ones with the parents after the ceremony if you anticipate drinking afterward...I'm just uncomfy drinking around kids, worrying if people swear, etc. That may just be my personal issue though. =)

I'm always surprised when people don't include their parents in limos, particularly if they're contributing. I had my BMs, parents and my grandma ride with me to the ceremony. H went with his parents + GM. I had two limos so the parents + grandmas could take the other one afterward. If we had one car (which didn't work because we both got ready about 20 minutes away so it couldn't do two trips quickly enough), I would have had the bridal party + parents and grandmas in one car. (I'm really close with my grandma though and she lives with my parents and doesn't really drive.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to add that all sets of parents were offered to go in the limo. They all declined for various reasons.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards