New Jersey
Options

who plans bachlorette party?

Hello!  Forgive me for asking this but I really am not sure.....who plans the bachlorette party?  All my friends have had one and yet-I have no idea who is 'supposed' to polan the bachlorette party.  I don't want to assume my friends are and it should be me, be on the other hand I don't want to take over if my friends have ideas/plans.  Can any one help me with this one?  I don't want to offend ANY one.  Thank you so much!

Re: who plans bachlorette party?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister (MOH) and best friend (closest BM) did my planning wtih involving me in what we were doing just to be sure I liked it.  I see it this way, would you plan something where others are most deifnitely going to pay for you to do everything (even if its just dinner)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my best friend (MOH) planned it for the most part. I'm sure she inquired with the other 3 bridesmaids.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH is planning mine. I usually think its a bridal party thing to do. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a MOH but when the girls came to my house the other day, one of my friends (bm) suggested where to go and all the girls agreed so i guess we all planned it.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH is planning it and has asked me for some imput. My other BMs arent really helping.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My sister/MOH said that she and a mutual friend (a guest, not a BM) are sort of planning it. I am not sure if they're consulting with my other bridesmaid right now, but I hope they are because I want her involved too.

Whoever wants to can step up and plan it. It's not at all appropriate for the bride to plan it or ask someone to plan it. But it's fine for the bride to provide a guest list and/or make suggestions on what to do, if a hostess asks you for input.

Or are you speaking as a bridesmaid/the bride's friend and not a bride? If so, then I would talk to the other girls and volunteer to be the one to coordinate things if you feel like nobody else is (if you want to be the coordinator). Or just contact the MOH and volunteer your services.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Usually it's the MOHs thing. I don't have a MOH so I know one of my BM stepped up and is planning that, with input from the other BMs. Same with the shower. In essence, all of my BM are my MOH so it works out well haha. But it is not your responsibility, nor should it be.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    usually moh being the head of it and bridal party helping. my input is the weekend we are doing and where we are going. i would like to do AC but m not figuring where to do dinner, what time we are leaving, or where we are staying...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards