New Jersey
Options

I know there's no such thing as a stupid question, but...

...This might be one!  Consider yourself forewarned!

The threads about hair trials and makeup trials got me thinking... How do the makeup artists and hair stylists remember what you wanted/liked/disliked so they know exactly what to do on your wedding day?

I'm really curious about this because I know that it's been recommended that if your wedding is in the summer you should get a makeup trial the summer before the wedding because of your skin color/tan.  How will they remember what you wanted a year after your trial??
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I know there's no such thing as a stupid question, but...

• Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about getting a trial that far out.  It is less about them remembering your exact colors and more about making sure that your styles mesh and that you could spend a few hours with this person.
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think most people tend to take pics of their trials this way they can refer to them the day of.....just a thought.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    everyone i've met/worked with takes pictures so they can refer to it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i know for the makeup trials I have been to, they have taken pictures and some have done face charts of the colors they used so they will be able to remember the exact colors.
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My make-up artist actually wrote down everything she was using on me and she said that the only thing she may have to adjust is the foundation, because I will tanner for the wedding then I was for the trial.  I don't know if that is how they usually do it but that is what mine did. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My makeup artist didn't take pictures (I did but didn't refer to them on wedding day) and I had two trials with her, and day of she did everything she did on the second trial, even remembered the lipstick color (I thought maybe she would go back to original first trial lipstick color) she asked me nothing, she did ask my bm who had a trial if it was the a color or b color for eyes, but that was it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I did my make-up trial she wrote down all of the colors she used. I had my trial in February and I'm getting married in May. I also told her I'd be fake-and-bake tan for the wedding and she said it would be easy to adjust.  I wouldn't worry about the colors as much as you like her work and all.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_theres-such-thing-stupid-question-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:13351063-a39c-4860-a686-eb720f175c3fPost:be934cc9-2ed1-416f-91e8-4ae969c1a71f">Re: I know there's no such thing as a stupid question, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My make-up artist actually wrote down everything she was using on me and she said that the only thing she may have to adjust is the foundation, because I will tanner for the wedding then I was for the trial.  I don't know if that is how they usually do it but that is what mine did. 
    Posted by felicia220[/QUOTE]

my makeup artist did this as well.  And she even remembered that I was tanner when i went for my trial.  It was a quick adjusment in foundation.  She's done it a million times, so she was able to match up the color in no time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards