New Jersey
Options

I HATE DIY Invitations

If they don't kill me this weekend I will be surprised. 4 hours last night, going on 7 hours today... and that was just printing/figuring things out. UGH.

*~allie~*

Re: I HATE DIY Invitations

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Exactly why I just bought something off a website. I have ZERO patience for DIY projects, so I decided not to even attempt it :P

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought them like MB and then just had to assemble them. That was ENOUGH for me! Good luck! You can do it! =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    rachaelb16rachaelb16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!!  That is something I am way too afraid to try.  It will all be worth it when you finish.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That is such a great idea. I cant believe my FI didnt think of that, hes obsessed with ebay!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ebay idea!! I may use that seller!!

Heather And Stephen

10-2-10

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you can do it!!

It sucks, but it's sucha a HUGE weight lifted when you're done.

Trust me, I am about 0% crafty and we pulled it off. =)

Good luck!

(p.s. Wine helps.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It does take a ridiculously long time. Especially if you're a perfectionist. Just do a little bit at a time if you can. i.e. cutting one day, glueing another, maybe 20 at a time. But it'll be worth it in the end!

and pp is right... wine!
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to what Jen said.  I thought I was going to go crazy, but in the end you'll be glad that you did it.

We DIYed our invites, and it took us just as much time .. maybe even longer.. But the end product made us both happy + we saved so much $ which made us even happier.

Good luck & lots of snacks & wine will do the trick :)
  • Options
    carlaspeedcarlaspeed member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hate-diy-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:17fc81d3-2b7f-499c-b843-80e890508a40Post:c15a1cb9-ca91-4402-a933-3cab40a1d49f">Re: I HATE DIY Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is such a great idea. I cant believe my FI didnt think of that, hes obsessed with ebay!!
    Posted by eee29[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help, yes I looked all over and this was the best I could found as far as pricing and quality! still, I would buy a sample before orderingjust in case :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok ladies... putting them together during the oscars... wish me luck! Wine here I come...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hang in there... mine took/are taking WAAAY longer than I expected, but I'm soooo happy with the results.  It'll be worth it in the end!  My last ones go in the mail tomorrow morning, so I'm right with you!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards