New Jersey
Options

Band, Photographer

Hi I am new on  here. I am looking for a band and a photographer. I would like a band that plays a good variety of music. I would like a great photographer who does photojournalist photography. Thanks for your help!

Re: Band, Photographer

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used John Arcara for my photos and he was fantastic! I can also recommend Angela Pilat she did my b-pics and was great too. Our band The Projekt had the dance floor packed all night and any song we asked for they were able to play! Highly recommended!!
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Tatiana Breslow and have been very happy so far with our e-pics. Only using a DJ though so no band rec's. Welcome and happy planning!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Band - Soul Revival - They are fabulous!!!!!!!  www.soulrevivalband.com

Photographer - Karen Wise - Gorgeous photos!!!!!!  www.karenwise.com

Good luck and PM me if you want any more info :-)
  • Options
    berbmberbm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out Jason Rhee for photography.  I booked him for my November '10 wedding I was so impressed with his portfolio.  Plus his prices are good (you get a lot for your money compared to some other photographers we looked at). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JMPutzerJMPutzer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.scottphotography.net !!!!!!

amazing!

here are some engagement shots.... best choice i made so far!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maybride527maybride527 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're using a dj so i don't have a band rec for you but as far as photography goes we we are using josh lynn (www.joshlynn.com). he does amazing work- highly recommended! good luck with your planning! :-)
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What price ranges are you looking in?  Knowing that will help us make more useful recs.

I had a DJ, but I used Shawn and Jake from Christian Oth Studio (www.christianothstudio.com) for my wedding.  Karen Wise, who is recommended above, has a different style but would have been one of the ones we would have looked at next -- she was highly recommended by friends who used her.

Welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photographer- Kenny Pang
    We had our engagement photos last month and we LOVE our pictures.  Kenny has an upbeat and fun energy.  He made us laugh and feel comfortable the entire time.  He also has an incredible artistic eye.  I recommend him 100%.

Band- The Dream Team (NYC Swing Company)
    We are working with Joe Shane.  We hired the band after going to their live showcase.  They play a lot of rock, and other fun music (old school r&B, theclassics, but we are requesting no disco).  I'll have even more info over the next 2 months as we plan out the details with them.

Good luck!  If you have any questions, PM me!
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We hired Matt Rainey and he was awesome.

He normally shoots for The Star-Ledger (he actually won a Pulitzer Prize for his photojournalism) but has gotten into weddings in the past few years. He was awesome to work with; he has a great, laid-back personality; he wasn't intrusive and didn't set up a bunch of cheesy posed shots; and he's very reasonably priced. We were thrilled with him and got nothing but compliments from our parents and bridal party. I have a bunch of his photos in my bio (click the link below my picture) if you want to see them.

http://www.mattraineyweddings.com/

We hired a DJ so I don't have a band recommendation for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using the Jason Craig band.  We're very excited!
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using The Fuzzpops. They are a rock/pop band with roots in NJ bars. Can't wait!

Still working on a photographer.
  • Options
    lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Soul Revival for a band!!!!!!!!!  We used them at our Dec. wedding and they were amazing!!!  They are reasonably priced and sounded so good, the dance floor was packed all night long, which is exactly what we wanted!!!  I highly recommend them!

Dante Williams for photographer is amazing also!  He photos were gorgeous and he captured so many shots I didn't even know were happening and I couldn't have been happier with his work.  Plus he is also reasonably priced for a photographer!  

HTH!  Lucy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey I am using Jason Craig - Night Moves for my band and Jason Rhee for photography. 
    Other bands worth looking at is Craig Scott.   I also liked Josh Lynn for photography.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all your recommendations. I am not sure of our budget for these vendors yet. I love your pics-those that shared. Thanks again. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards