New Jersey
Options

Update

I just wanted to drop one last quick update to all of you who have been so caring and supportive over the last few months.

This week was emotional, as many of you know Peter has been quickly declining and I was unable to care for him as well as I wanted to and made the hard decision to move him to the hospice in-patient unit. 

He was very comfortable there and the nurses were wonderful.  I was able to sit by his side and be a wife and hold is hand rather than try to be a caregiver.

On Wednesday I went to see him and he asked me to lay in bed with him, he put his arms around me and rubbed my back.  That was the last hug I got from him.

Sadly, he passed away at 3:00 a.m. this morning.

Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes.  Knowing so many people were thinking of us made this difficult time a little more bearable. 

Re: Update

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lori, I am so sorry for your loss.  I can not even begin to comprehend how you are feeling.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I am so sorry.  Peter was a lucky man.
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for you and your family.  My heart goes out to you. I don't think Peter could have asked for a better wife.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    daniela8598daniela8598 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so so sorry. Continued prayers for you and your family
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lori I am so sorry for your loss you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Peter was a lucky man to have you in his life and as his wife. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss.  You are both in my heart and prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness Lori I am so so sorry for your loss please let me know If I can do anything for you here is my email Ksssnhgs123@aol.com.. I will pray for you and your families
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss.  Remember all the good times that you shared and share those stories.  Peter was one lucky man to have you by his side.  You are a vary stronge and courageous women and I wish you all the best.  You and both your families are in my thoughts and prayers. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    oh Lori....I am so sorry for your loss.  As the others have said, he was lucky to have you as his wife.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  
  • Options
    vanessapodunkvanessapodunk member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss. I cannto even imagine what you ar going through. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear this.  How special that last hug was! Continue to keep your strength Lori, you're amazing.
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss.  I am glad your husband had such great care (the people who work for hospice are truely amazing) and that you were able to be there for him as a wife.  You sound like such a strong person and all of my prayers are with you and family. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lori, I am so sorry to hear this. You and your families will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss. He must have been a very lucky man to have you as his wife and what a special goodbye hug you had. I'm sure you will treasure that moment. You and your family are inmy thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lori, I am so, so sorry.  [[hugs]]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lori I am so sorry, you have such amazing strength! I will keep you and your families in my prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hugs, Lori.  I will keep you and your families in my prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Stay strong.You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    simplyceesimplycee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My deepest condolences to you and your family. I mostly lurk on this board for advice and recs for my daughter's wedding, but your story touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. Embrace the love you two share and know that, no matter what, true love always survives.
  • Options
    Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lori, so sorry for your loss.  I can't even imagine what you must be going through.  You are an amazingly strong woman and Peter was very lucky to have someone like you by side.  May he be at peace now.  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. 
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry :(
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This brought tears to my eyes but I'm sure your realize that now his suffering is over.   I will keep you and your family in my prayers. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My heartfelt condolences to you, Lori, and to all of Peter's loved ones.

I will be thinking of you. I am wishing you peace and strength.

Jamie.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Options
    yankees320yankees320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I knew in my heart when I saw this update that the news would be your dear husband is no longer suffering.  I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.  Stay strong and know that many are praying for you and your family.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lori, I am so sorry for your loss.  My heart goes out to you and your family. As others have said, Peter was very lucky to have you in his life.  
  • Options
    dandb925dandb925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so so sorry. I can't even imagine what you're going through right now. God bless you and your family always. It's little comfort, but at least he's at peace now.
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you. ::hugs::
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i am so deeply sorry and sad for you.  you are in my T&P. 
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Lori, so sorry for your loss. As trite as it is, Peter isn't suffering anymore and is in a better place. I wish you prayers and my thoughts are with you.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lori, i'm so sorry for your loss....peter is no longer suffering and he will be with you forever in your heart.  ((((hugs))))
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Lori, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards