New Jersey
Options

Dress embellishment

Hi everyone,

I'm usually a lurker...never really had the need to post questions as I usually find answers from others' posts.  I have a quick question...maybe you girls can point me in the right direction.  My dress is very plain, no beading or anything at all.  I want to add some kind of embellishment around the waist.  I took my dress to Nesrin; she has it at the moment.  She told me that I could do some searching online to find somewhere to buy the embellishment.  I haven't had any luck :(  This is something I would really want to see in person.  I'm pretty sure there's somewhere in NYC that I can find something like this but I have no idea where.  Here's something similar to what I have in mind:

Dress, Strapless, Amsale, Ballgown

Thanks in Advance

Re: Dress embellishment

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is the embellishment similar or is the dress similar? Maybe if you posted a pic of your dress it'd be a little easier
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try searching for wedding belts or sashes on Etsy.... there might be someone in NYC who makes them so you could go see them.

FWIW, I got my dress at Pronovias in the city and they had me try it on with an embelilished belt.. sot hey have at least 1! ;-)
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A couple of girls on here have purchased belts that have looked lovely on their dresses!
    cvl105 Chelsea did that see if she can tell you where she got hers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dress comes w/ a belt but I don't plan on using it... so I assume the company might sell the belts separately? Might be worth looking into. My dress is WTOO by Watters and Watters.
  • Options
    arleyn26arleyn26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions!  Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of my dress on this computer.  The dress in the picture is very similar to mine as far as the style and fit, only mine has spaghetti straps.  The belt in the picture is what I am looking for.  I will definitely look into Etsy.  Thanks again for your help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can purchase a belt, or you can buy appliques in the garment district.
    imageAnniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    viviannacviviannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try M&J Trim in the city or as others suggested Etsy. 

Also, I had a friend who purchased a crystal headband and had it sewn onto a sash made from the extra material cut from the hem of her dress. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards