New Jersey
Options

New Valentine Knotties

Since I know many of you ladies were here last Vday, is there a bit of an influx of knotties after Vday or do less guys decide to propose of this day? I'm just curious since one of my coworkers son is proposing tonight and another male coworker of mine says he would never because it's too cliche.

Would you have a problem if he proposed on Vday? I think a day or two before Vday would be cute.
Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
My Ovulation Chart
|| Ovulation Tracker

Re: New Valentine Knotties

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't necessarily have an issue with a v-day proposal. However My FI proposedon Feb 21st which is a week after v-day but also three days after the anniversary of our first date.

I have to say that once v-day and our 3rd anniversary came and went I figured ok he's not proposing so it was an even bigger surprise when he did!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MH proposed on Valentines Day, we were never big people for the "holiday" so when he did propose I was totally shocked, so it worked for us, some others it wouldn't, I must say I always thought it was cliche and told him that so thats how he got me (the person who cannot be surprised).
  • Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Although it is a little cliche I still think it's cute and I wouldn't be opposed to a V-day proposal. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's personally not for me. But if it was Vday and MH got down on one knee I wouldn't say no, try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI proposed 2 days before Valentines Day.  We were away on vacation in Puerto Rico.  He knew he didn't want to propose on Vday to be too cliche, and he wanted to do it on the first day we arrived so he wouldn't be stressed out for the rest of the trip.  So it was a good move on his part b/c if he didn't do it on the first night, I would've probably thought he would've done it on Vday.  Mind you that week and the week before he was acting all sorts of weird too. :)

Maybe we will see an influx of newbies this week and the coming weeks.  It'll be interesting to see how many there will be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, I just realized my join date is valentines day 08 I'm so cliche :)
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_new-valentine-knotties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:26bf698f-8a3c-4fdb-abff-3d56190841b4Post:86a516ce-060f-4095-8c56-f829e52fdf04">Re: New Valentine Knotties</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's personally not for me. But if it was Vday and MH got down on one knee I wouldn't say no, try again tomorrow.
    Posted by CM1206[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I don't really care. I was just happy to get engaged.  DH proposed on a random date but I hardly would have been disappointed if it was on a holiday.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I don't think my FI would have ever proposed on Vday it's just not him, but if he did, I would not have said  no.

• Options
    Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It would have been cute because our very first "date" was on Valentine's Day 13 years ago.  It was technically the 15th because it was after midnight actually and we just drove around and talked til the sun came up.  I was happy to be proposed to no matter what the date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards