New Jersey

Any other venues comparable to David's Country Inn?

I've only been engaged for about a month and we are starting to look at venues. We don't have a date set exactly but would like it to be in the next 1-2 years, and will fully depend on venue. We looked at David's Country Inn and LOVED it. We both loved the charm and atmosphere of the whole facility. Then looking at the other venues photos that I had initially wanted to look at, I don't think any of them had the cozy, intimate feeling that Davids does. I wanted to see Flander's Valley, Perona Farms and Meadow Wood Manor, but now that I saw David's first, all of their photos look like standard "banquet halls" without much charm to separate them from anywhere else. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on other places in the $100-$120/pp budget that has some nice character to it that we should check out? We are looking in Northern NJ because we live in Bethlehem, PA, as does his immediate family, my family in Hackettstown area and the rest are coming from NYC so it is a nice halfway point. Our guest list is 160-180 at this time.

Re: Any other venues comparable to David's Country Inn?

• Why don't you stick with David's? I'm getting married there in three weeks and the experience with them has been amazing. I am so excited for our day there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Chances are I will, but I feel like I should at least look at something similar before deciding on it. David's has a lot going for it in my mind, especially since I grew up in Hackettstown and saw it every day. I just feel like I want to get an idea of other venues to solidify David's. Where else did you look before deciding to go there?
  • The Hunterdon Hills Playhouse and the Grand Colonial are both rigth on Rt 78 in Hunterdon County- I have been to wonderful weddings at each. I am not 100% sure where they are pricewise, but I think they are fairly reasonable. We are checking out the Grand Colonial soon! - I has that same charm without the 'wedding factory' feel. 

• Does the $100-$120pp include tax and gratuity?  You can get Ramsey Country club for $150pp which includes tax and gratuity.  Depending on your time of year and the day you choose you may be able to get them down further.  They did an amazing job for our wedding and we loved working with them.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • I say book David's! I am getting married there in Nov. David's was the first place we looked and had appointments at other places and canceled them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KMasker, if you are getting married there in Nov, what are you going to do for pictures since it gets dark so early? We were looking at Nov of next year because we want to use the fireplaces, but then I realized how dark it gets early in the afternoon in Nov, and they're so booked that would mean waiting til 2014 to choose a different date. I don't want before pictures, and we're unsure of a church as of now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_any-other-venues-comparable-to-davids-country-inn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:2ee93f36-d387-40a5-a976-80ff04d0b6e6Post:1ace1e67-ef6b-4aa3-873a-2a690f0992ee">Re: Any other venues comparable to David's Country Inn?</a>:
    [QUOTE]KMasker, if you are getting married there in Nov, what are you going to do for pictures since it gets dark so early? We were looking at Nov of next year because we want to use the fireplaces, but then I realized how dark it gets early in the afternoon in Nov, and they're so booked that would mean waiting til 2014 to choose a different date. I don't want before pictures, and we're unsure of a church as of now.
    Posted by CamaroDiva[/QUOTE]

We are going to do before pictures. But if you go to David's Country Inn on facebook they have some great pictures around the property and inside. I have also seen some great ones at night on the porch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_any-other-venues-comparable-to-davids-country-inn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:2ee93f36-d387-40a5-a976-80ff04d0b6e6Post:b18d5416-dcf2-4007-bc0d-7256c63b3c8f">Re: Any other venues comparable to David's Country Inn?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Any other venues comparable to David's Country Inn? : We are going to do before pictures. But if you go to David's Country Inn on facebook they have some great pictures around the property and inside. I have also seen some great ones at night on the porch.
    Posted by KMasker[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Seconded! I'm the first weekend in November - 20 days to go, eeeee - and can't wait to use all of their space inside and on the front porch for great pics.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • I spoke to his mom about it (her and I are luckily very close) and we decided that instead of waiting a full 2 years for fall to come around again in 2014, Nov 2013 is good and we can do an after session for more pictures of just the two of us, maybe trash the dress, maybe not. I like that idea much better!  Now hopefully everyone that was available last week still is
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards