New Jersey
Options

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board, engaged for about 2 weeks now. We're planning on having a 2 year engagement. But I'm already overwhelmed. I don't know where to start or if I even should. 

Does anyone have first hand knowledge on Nanina's in the Park, Belleville NJ? 

Thanks in advance and look forward to chatting with everyone during the wonderful planning process! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Newbie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations.  It can be overwhelming but these ladies are helpful.  I believe Renee (someone correct me if I am wrong) got married at Nanina's and loved it.

To help simplify things:
    1 - Figure out what your approximate guest list is and what you are willing to guarantee as a minimum to the venue. 
    2 - Figure out your budget.  The pp given at a venue usually does not include the tax & gratuity that adds on approximately 20% more (depending on the venue) so remember this when looking at places.
    3 - Try to decide on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday - Saturday night being the most expensive
    4 - Try to decide on a time of year - May - November is considered peak season so you will pay a lot more.  March and April discounted.  December, January, February - biggest discount
    5 - Do not visit a place that is completely out of your budget thinking you can cut other items "to make it work".  You will only start to panic and get upset when it gets closer because everything really does add up.  Or if you do not choose that place nothing will "measure" up to it.
    6 - Most venues will negotiate a bit either on price and/or adding in items.

Once you have 1, 2, 3 & 4 figured out the ladies can give you numerous suggestions. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards